Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

need a new machine cat has lost it,s lives

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 02:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a new machine cat has lost it,s lives

To make the story short man on cat hit deer and nailed tree two points for driver and cat still run but only back end works 99 500 ac with 5700 bucks damage driver walks away with sore knee and wrenched wrist and bad feeling about machine .Now i,m looking for a new machine any one got any real accurate facts on the new AC 650thats coming out is it standard or auto. I ALSO NOTICED YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN BUSTING CV JOINTS IS ARCTIC CAT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT FOR 2004 BECAUSE I,M NOT BUYING ANOTHER AC IF THE JOINTS ARE GOING TO BE BUSTING BECAUSE I RIDE MY MACHINE HARD.I looked at suzuki but there front end lacks the pulling power when in deep mud the spinning wheel sindrome is it true that the 2003 ac puts power to the wheel that has traction any buddy have a suggestion I liked my solid axleac I need input on what machine i should be looking at by the way i also used my quad for pulling out fire wood so she got to be solid how bout bombardier but i don,t like the thumb shift maybe i should build my own[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Praire 650, take a look at it and see if it works for you. Also take a look at Honda maybe, the Rubicon is a capable work machine.

Old 06-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Range Rover

Ditto on the Kawasaki Prairie 650, a real work horse, but fun to play with. I mainly use mine for trailriding and mud riding. Great for both, wouldn't trade it for anything. Has solid rear axle which look like for you may be plus.

Just go sit on one, start her up, and trust me you'll be sold instantly.

Good luck..............sorry about your Cat, I know it must suck to loose a close friend!!

Old 06-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

You had a Cat this long, I would look at another 500

Old 06-02-2003, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

I would wait about 2 weeks before making your decision because the dealers will know the specifics on the new model after the Vegas dealer shows. I will leak some info onto you guys but I am not going to go into great detail about what is coming out in 04. AC is coming out with a new kawasaki powered 650 utility machine. It comes both standard and auto and it also has a front diff lock and many other nifty features....

Old 06-03-2003, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

They may have a 650 in the works but I can't see them getting the legendary Praire 650 V-Twin. Suzuki would get it first since Suzuki and Kawi are sharing some product lines. I don't think Kawi would let Suzuki give their motor to Arctic Cat.

I think what is going to happen is that Arctic Cat bought out the Suzuki shares and will no longer use their motors and will develop their own motors.

If you can find a solid rear axle 2002 500 get it, it would probably be the best quad for you since it is like your old one but looks better.

Old 06-03-2003, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

Legendary?? hehe. Everything has a price. Im sure if AC really wanted the motor than kawi would OEM the engine. Id look at the 04s before i ran out for a p650.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

I threw that legendary comment in there just to get a reaction out of some die hard Cat lovers, hehe. I agree to wait till all the '04 models are announced then make a decision.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Im not die hard, just like to razz you up with your p650 smack talk hehe.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

bbertram,

Mark my words on a new bike coming out with the kawi 650- I know this for sure. They are also going to offer some one time only paint and graphics packages as well as an expanded line up and some new features on both the new and old machines. Also I believe they have now discontinued the ACT suspension....

Quick Reply: need a new machine cat has lost it,s lives