Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

HERE IS THE SCOOP ON THE CV'S

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HERE IS THE SCOOP ON THE CV'S

Atleast the caps are gone, makes things easy to read, thanks.

I still own my 500i, when ever I look at my pictures with my outlaws on it I fall in love again but axles are junk as you say and it seems to be random and I can't have that. I like to ride more than I like my 500i and I live 10 hours away from the closest dealer so you can see my predicament.

I'm not going to bother explaining to you how your theory is out the window because you won't listen either and I won't change your mind like you won't change my mind. Its an endless loop of arguements. So we will leave it at that.

I think if the P650 motor did make it into the cat you would love it, its no low blow to cat its the best thing that happened to them. If they do get that motor they have the opportunity to make the best 4x4 quad on the market. They are built very well, just fix those axle problems, give it a locker and make it a little more modern and they will have a wicked quad on their hands.

Old 06-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

The p650 motor will be in the A/C for 04. I know that for a fact, so next year will be a great year for A/C.

Old 06-07-2003, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Right on a Cat fight.... get it, cat fight? ohh never mind.
ILL GO BACK TO WHAT I WAS DOING...

Old 06-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know much about the AC breaking axles, but the Yami Kodiak, is only a 450, or 400, compared to the 660 Grizz's,(power) and the rear is straight axle, versus irs on the Grizz. There is half the joints in the drive and theroy says half the problems. I have noticed this tread in breaking drive parts. It happens more often with mud tires, diffs locked in, engine limiters bypassed, lift kits installed. In the big city I work in, I called my local drivetrain rebuilding shop, and asked if they rebuild atv shafts, they said all the time. I asked what make was the most popular? He said, "They all break"! I think a company that can come up with some heavy-duty axles for these quads with have a bright future.

Old 06-08-2003, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

im with you voodoo reeeerrr.

Old 06-08-2003, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

CatKrazy and I like to disagree on things, it makes things more interesting.

Old 06-08-2003, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

no harm ment just playing around.

Old 06-09-2003, 02:26 AM
Range Rover

if breaking a $150 (warranted) cv is the only problem i ever have with my ac, i'll be tickled. i have personally seen one p650 burn up from clogged radiator while other water-cooled rigs rode in the same slop. I always see grizzlys getting towed because of that trans belt slipping. the grizz also chokes from steam at unfortunate times. polaris-come on. i've seen two broken cvs on rincons. i don't mean to knit-pick, but you would think from some of these posts that all machines other than the ac are indestructable. if you are going to abuse something and modify the crap out of it, it will break. if it does not break, try harder.

Old 06-09-2003, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

catsmeow-----lets see some pics of your cat i like bolt on stuff. especially the handlebar spotlight.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Range Rover

i'll have some pics soon. i have some more mod stuff coming this week. catcrazy has some action pics of us over at his hell hole. this week i've got a pipe, jets, and i am doing the intake snorkel. for some odd and perverted reason i want my rig to be a HL EXTREME WHEELER. I guess it will just be a guilty pleasure.

Quick Reply: HERE IS THE SCOOP ON THE CV'S