Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

HERE IS THE SCOOP ON THE CV'S

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HERE IS THE SCOOP ON THE CV'S

#1 AC IS NOT THE ONLY BIKES BREAKING THEM
#2 EVERY AXEL MADE COMES FROM THE SAME COMPANY
#3 i WAS TOLD AC KNOWS THEY HAVE A PROBLEM AND IT WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE LATHING OF THE SPLINES!
THE SHOP PEOPLE WHO ASSEMBLE THE AXELS CAN TELL IF THE AXEL IS BAD OR NOT, SOME WILL HAVE IT SAOME WILL NOT,BUT WHAT YOU HAVE IS A LOW WAGE WORKER WHO THROWS THIS STUFF TOGETHER AND DOES NOT CHECK TO SEE IF THEY ARE BAD!!!
EVERYONE IS BREAKING THEM,KAWI,POLARIS,HONDA ETC.

CALL YOUR SHOP AND SEE IF THE HEAD MECHANIC HAS BEEN SENT TO THE CLASS THAT TEACHES THEM TO IDENTIFY POSSIBLE BAD AXELS?
THEY CAN LOOK AT THEM AND TELL YOU IF THEY ARE BAD! AND WILL GLADLY CHANGE THEM

ALSO IT IS NOT THE TIRES BREAKING THE AXELS. THE LATHING IS WEAK AND THATS WHY SOME ARE BREAKING CVS WITH STOCK TIRES!

THEY WILL HONOR YOUR BIKE REAGRDLESS OF TIRES!!!!!!

CALL AC YOUR SELF!!!

Old 06-06-2003, 11:24 AM
Range Rover

I was told Ac also changed the part #s for the axles if that means anything.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

I agree that axle shafts may be manufactured by the same company for all ATV manufacturers but they are not all the same axle shafts. They build them based on the ATV manufacturer's specs. My Kawi axle shafts are thin like Honda ones, my Cat axle shafts a bit thicker and the Polaris axle shafts are mega thick. I don't know about the other manufacturers. When I broke axle shaft it busted at the splines both times, it snapped the axle shaft in two.

So what your saying is when they create the splines on the axle shaft it some how makes them to weak? Maybe the specs Arctic Cat sent the manufacturer were not proper. I do believe all manufactuers can break axle shafts and CVs but that will be from abuse and big heavy tires and lifts, etc. It seems to me Arctic Cat messed up on the specs of te axle shaft and had them created wrong.

Old 06-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

what month did you guys buy your cats in. i got mine in december it was the first 2003 in and i've had no probs with mine. knock on wood. if all the cats with bad axels were baught around the same time maybe it was a bad batch of axels.WHAT MONTH DID YOU BUY YOURS IN. just a thought.

Old 06-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Bought my cat in December of 2001

Old 06-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Range Rover

March 03

Old 06-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

MINE WAS BOUGHT IN APRIL 03

BERTRAM
YES YOUR KWAI IS BREAKING AXELS TOO,SO IS THE FOREMAN 450 AND SO IS THE 660 GRIZZ,
THE FOREMAN 450 HAS SINCE BEEN CORRECTED

THE LATHING PART ON THE SPLINES IS WHAT IS CAUSING IT, NOT THE SPECS,NOT THE BRAND,NOT THE MATERIAL, ITS HOW THE MATERIAL WAS MADE UP THEN MACHINED.

YES THEY ARE BUILT TO SPECS BUT YOU KNOW WHO OWNES SUZUKI RIGHT?? OR LETS SAY WHO ALSO OWNES SUZUKI. YEPO YOU GUESSED IT KAWISAKI

AND GUESS WHAT THE NEW MOTOR IS SUPOSED TO BE IN THE 650 CATS? YEP GOOD GUESS, A TWIN PRIAIRE 650 MOTOR,BECAUSE KAWI,SUZUKI ARE OWNED BY THE SAME FOLKS!

Old 06-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

OK Kawi does not own Suzuki, lol. Thats funny but not true. Suzuki and Kawasaki have a deal where they work together on R&D and share some models. Arctic Cat is not going to get the Kawi motor, unless Suzuki got the motor from Kawi to use in their new big bore and thus let Arctic Cat use it. The only reason why this might be true is because Kawi is bumping up the Praire to a 700 this year and will give the 650 motor to Suzuki. That makes sense to me and the only way Arctic Cat can possibly get the best ATV motor on the market....hehe. Oh and Arctic Cat gets motors from Suzuki 1 year after Suzuki puts them in their quads but since this is a Kawi motor this might not apply and Arctic Cat may get the motor this year.

Can you explain to me why the lathe is causing the weaknes in the splines? If all manufacturers get the same axle manufacturer to create their axle shafts how is it the Honda 450 has the problem fixed but other manufacturers don't. I'm sticking to my guns and will say its an error on Arctic Cat's part when they designed the specs for the axle shafts. If the axle manufacturer did such a shoddy job I think you would hear alot more of this. My friend who works at a Honda dealership hasn't complained about the axle shafts breaking and he is the one fixing them. He is also not biased and will not hide the fact the Honda's have problems. I have heard of Yami having problems on their Grizzly but not on their Kodiak, that counteracts your theory right there.

Also please stop yelling, with that red faced avator it makes everyone think your steaming mad trying to make your point.

Old 06-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

thats why the cats are a year behind production.

they cant come out with the same motor as suzuki at the same time

yes the cats will have a p650 motor in it

call ac your self.not the dealer. CALL AC.
the new motor is the p 650. they are owned by the same people wut different branches.sorry to burst the bubble,i dont like it anymore than you do. i think you cant get anyworse than a kawisaki when it comes to 4 wheelers. also it will only be offered in the auto version.

This is a low blow for AC

Old 06-07-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

man listen

i never said kodiaks, all though we ride with a fella that broke his cv. i dont care one way or another about getting my point across. it doesnt matter anyway with you because no matter what,you are going to be one of those that you have to say see i told you so.

AGAIN
the foremans were figured out,just like ac is doing! and it doesnt matter what i say, you will come back and say something else just to make you feel better about knocking the AC you sold and really you wished you hadnt!

so this is the last conversation i am having with you!
Im telling you and everyone else that cares or dont care ,what they have told me. See im like this nagging fly tat will not go away untill i get an answer,or explanation.This is what I am being told,by AC,BY HL,and by the KAWI,SUZ.and CAT dealer/SHOP!

The material that was made for all of these axels were bad,when they were lathed out
it affected that part of the axel. I dont know what else i can say to make it any clearer.
Its to my understanding that when all these axels were mass produced the material that was bad went in to all different types of axels. Maybe AC does the splines different,and maybe when they were lathed out thats all it took.

im just telling the AC owners not the KAWI owners that there is hope. And there is an explanation as to why axels are breaking.

i have ridden my bike extremly hard. As a matter of fact the member on this forum"catsmeow"was ridding with me when he broke his right rear cv on his cat. we rode in the exact same stuff,actually i rode in a lot more than he did becasue im locked up front. Also you have to remember that I ran the mudzillas for a while in the same stuff we ride in now!

This is my last conversation with you,no offense but it will not change your thoughts untill you see for your self

Quick Reply: HERE IS THE SCOOP ON THE CV'S