Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Hows this for service.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows this for service.

Yesterday I was checking the jetting on my bike after I did the muffler mod (just got time to do it) and discovered that I was lean (plug is completely white) so I called the dealer here to see if he knew what was in the bike stock, he wasnt sure but told me what he had in stock and that I should pull out mine to see what I had in there, and because it was close to their closing time, he gave me his home number and brought the jets home with him. As it turns out I had a 150 in there and wasnt sure if they had a 152 so I called him at home and he didnt have one BUT told me to come in first thing in the morning and they will make me one (drill out a smaller one). NOw to me that is what you call customer service, this is one of the many reasons that I went with my Cat .

Old 06-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Range Rover

check this one out: I bought my rig in Little Rock. A month later an AC dealer opened in my town, Searcy. I broke an axle and called the dealer in Searcy. They not only warranted the axle, the mechanic who lives in Forrest City went to the AC dealer there and got me a new axle because they had none in Searcy. He went out of his way to get me rolling in 24 hrs. The AC dealer here makes the Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Bombardier, Kawasaki dealers look like punks. By the way, If anyone feels they are getting the runaround from their AC dealer, call Thief River Falls or another dealer, they WILL stand behind these bikes.

Old 06-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

I was finalizing the purchase of a 400i last year at my friendly Cat/Suzuki dealer. We were about to sign the papers, when the sales dude came back and said they couldn't find one in dark green with a manual transmission in stock. So they knocked another $400 off of the dark green/manual 500i that was on their showroom floor. I really wanted the 500 anyway...

Do these guys know how to get a repeat customer or what?

Old 06-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

Some places have outstanding service. My dealer always gives me 10% off the brownsleisureworld prices. No doubt to keep me from ordering online form them. But nevertheless they always treat me good.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds like you guys have had some good experiences with your dealers. Try this on...I'm riding through the woods and hit a 3" diameter stick that, instead of breaking, jumps up over the rack and smacks just under the speedo - shattering the connector between the ignition wires. The machine dies & I have to get towed out. Take it to the dealer (that I bought it from) to fix while I'm out of town. Picked it up a week later. Total repair = $100. I get the thing home and start inspecting thier work and find that those B#st@rds simply mashed the two shattered ends of the connector together, put a wire tie around it and taped it up with a butt-load of electrical tape. When I called the dealer to complain, he told me that if I had wanted the connector replaced it would have cost over $200!!!!! Needless to say, some AC dealers are real Sh@theads.

Old 06-09-2003, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

I've had great luck with my Arctic Cat dealer. I busted an axle on the trail, drove it out to my trailer. Jumped on the Z400 and finished off the weekend ride. I got home, inspected the damage, called my dealer, they shipped me an axle on the bus the same day I called. Got the axle the next day and I had my 500i back up and running again. I also busted a head light on the a branch that trip and they also replaced it for free under warranty. Thats one good dealer.

Old 06-11-2003, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

Must be nice.

MY DEALER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

Back in Feb. of this year I became a member of the CAT famliy. I wanted a bike for yard work and playing in the mud. I stop in at CAPE'S PERFORMACE in Niles ohio. I was looking at the cheepest 4X4 a 250. I liked the 3speed rear with manual for what I was going to use it for, it was lime green, free 2500# winch. So I made the deal, ask him to take the stock tires in trade an put a set of 27" 589s on. Gave him the cash an tolded him I will pick it up the next day. When I went to pick it up, it wasn't a 250 but 300!!. I asked wat happened? He said the 250 didn"t have the power with the 589s on it, so he upgraded it to the 300, he knew I loved the lime green so he switch the body.And if that not wanting to make a customer for life. He said the tires were rubbing So he put a 2" lift kit on!! All for the same price. You talkabout one sweet looking CAT. RACERJIM

Old 06-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

WOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Now that's service.

Quick Reply: Hows this for service.