Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

prairie vs grizzly vs artic cat

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prairie vs grizzly vs artic cat

Artic Cat

Old 07-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

i dont care if its an auto... im looking at one as soon as the dealer gets one. cant you all just get along? bbertrams not that bad... he did buy an automatic sport bike after all...

Old 07-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not all that bad, thanks voodoo. hehe

I'm keeping my cat and Z on my sig for a little bit longer so people will know I sold them, then I will remove them. I can't just take them off, people will ask if I sold them or something. Now they won't need to ask, they can just look. I already had one PM asking why I sold the cat and I did give a fair response, I'm no cat basher.

Auto's are fun, I did miss the gears every now and again but the overall fun factor will be higher with an auto I think. I just like to spin around and do small jumps and go fast. I'm no pro racer or hard core mudder and rock crawler or anything, I like to have fun and the auto does very well for having fun.

I say get the AC650 because it has the best ATV motor ever created, its reliable and very strong. I complained about the power of my cat in the mud with the big tires, it wasn't able to spin them fast enough to clean them. The AC650 will now have the power to do it. I would not recommend the 500i for mudding, the terrain I ride it does not have enough power. Maybe in other types of terrain it does but for it never, thats one of the two reasons why I moved up to a big bore. The second reason you all know and have heard about from many other 500i owners.

I think thats all I got to say, I did have high praise for the 500i when I first got it way back when. I just hope my new Kawi's both hold up well for me.

Old 07-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

bbertram. i was just kidding.i ment no offence.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]i remember your nearest ac dealer is/was 300 miles away.well i hope you enjoy your new atv's as much or more then your cat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

This has been interesting to say the least[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have been all over the net and all your web sites and pics posted here. My brother has a kfx400 and he wants a VForce, We are trying to reach a deal on him getting my quad and trading in his. If we work this out I will get the prairie 700 because we ride together and I want something that will keep up and not slow him down when he is on the V. If we cant work this out I will get the AC500 then I will have both speed(VForce) and 4x4(AC). I am hopeing for the trade it will cost me less and I can always still ride the VForce anytime I want.

It will also be better for him because he is 6`4" 230lbs and I am 6`5" 260lbs so the kfx400 is to small for us anyway.Why he got the 400 in the first place was he wasnt sure he would want a auto tranny.

What ever way it works out im geting a new quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2003, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

let us know what you get when you get.good luck on the trade.

Old 07-12-2003, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

Listen Ihave a Grizzly but I owned AC for a year first. The AC is astrong durable machine that can pull ahouse but in term of ride nimbleness their is absolutly no compareisons . You feel like you are a part of the machine in turns at high speeds their is not to many machines that can cath me. Polaris 700 probable close. About heavy trail riding with alot or obsticals the AC was great but the Grizzly is just as great( only complaint is the AC has much better boot protectors standard).

Old 07-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

I like my prairie 650 but i bet the new cat's will be pretty darn nice![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] What ever machine you decide to get.... at least it has 4 wheels.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2003, 01:57 AM
Range Rover

A

Old 07-13-2003, 01:57 AM
Range Rover

artic cat

Quick Reply: prairie vs grizzly vs artic cat