Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New Axles

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Axles

Since my dealer being a complete ediot I am no longer going to buy the extended warrenty. I am however going to put the money aside and be ready for an axle snap. Where can you buy aftermarket axles? any websites

Old 07-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Axles

Only go here if you want the coolest best built Axle on the Planet.I have a Dominator2 on my R and its sweeeet. CLICK THIS
Late,zubbeyboy

Old 07-10-2003, 02:06 AM
Trailblazer
Default New Axles

I have been following your posts about your front diff...

I have not run across any links for axles yet, but I would like to ask you about your front diff.. You say there is a gear ratio difference from auto and manual. Do you know what the ratios are? Or at least what yours is?

Oh, what is the reason you chose manual shift instead of auto?
Sorry for all the questions...

Thanks…

Old 07-10-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Axles

yeah my dealer is giving me a big headache, it has been 1 month since I have had my quad in my garage instead of his! Dont worry about questions, that is what this forum is about. The 2 different ratios are
3.1:1 and 3.6:1. He put the auto front diff in my manual and it couldn't keep up so I am guessing that the autos have the the 3.6 ratio ( i think that is right). My reasons for choosing a manual were that my friend has an auto and I didn't like it. It is louder then the manual, less responsive, slower top end, and the biggest reason is, I don't want to have to worry about belts slipping or snapping in the mud or when it gets wet. On our last trip one of my buddies blew his belt and it ruined the whole day, we had to tow him for about 20 miles on the trails. My next bike MIGHT be an auto, that is a big might! any other questions feel free to ask.

Old 07-10-2003, 02:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default New Axles

How is the manual for just bebopping...
Let me add some info.. I am looking at the AC for hunting, and general fun.... Undecided on which to get, auto or manual...
I currently run a Yamaha 225DX Three-wheeler.

If you forget to shift all the way down to first manually, will the bike try to start in that gear or automatically start out in first.....
I know my Yamaha will if I flub up...

Old 07-10-2003, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Axles

it is great for just screwing around. It is fun to take a relaxing drive and shift early, making the engine noise very minimal, the auto has a very annoying buzz/humming noise to it. Or on the other side of the spectrum it is fun to make the motor work and spin tires and throw mud and dirt shifting when you want and listening to the motor scream!! Either way I dont think that you will be dissapointed. As for the starting out I am a little confused. If you mean starting out as in when you turn the machine on, no it will be in whatever gear you left it in. One thing nice though is the start in gear feature, the manual has enough power to accelerate in 2nd or 3rd though so unless you have it in 4th or 5th you will not have to downshift to get moving.

Old 07-10-2003, 03:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default New Axles

Cool answers...

Not having ridden a belt, I was not aware of the excess noise... I started out with a manual, and never considered there would be any extra noise with the belt... Thinking about my riding habits, they are similar to yours...

Put for quite time, and push for fun...

As far as the shift, say you slow to a stop, not realizing you are in second gear. My little yama.. will actually start in first, and shift early to second.... I found out on accident... But it does...

Old 07-10-2003, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Axles

never heard of that before, sounds pretty cool though. For hunting i think that the maual might be better, when you have your huge trophy _____ (insert whatever you are hunting). in the front or back rack and you are crawling over logs it is nice to let is work in whatever gear YOU want it to drive in, not whatever gear the machine wants to drive in, the quad can't see obstacles ahead of you that you can see!

Old 07-10-2003, 03:18 AM
Trailblazer
Default New Axles

Have you had any instances with the heal toe shifter? I have heard of scarrry hill climbs, where the driver hit the shifter with his heal, and saw some SKY>>>>>>

Old 07-10-2003, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Axles

the shifter takes a little to get used to, i will warn you. At first I couldn't stand it!! I was ready to take it off and make a different one. After about 50 miles i got used to it and i now LOVE it. At first I would have instances that I accidentally hit it but after get used to it you realize that there is plenty of room on the sturdy floorboards. It takes some getting used to but now that I have it down i don't touch it unless I want to. Even with big hunting boots on I have plenty of room on the floorboards to move my feet to the sides. Even if you can't get used to it there are replacement shifters on the market.

Quick Reply: New Axles