Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clicking noise

today im halling my trailer around my yard and i can here this clicking almost grinding noise coming from the right rear wheel, mostly when im turning to the right. i looked it over good and i cant see anything out of the ordenairy, nothings loose.do you think its a cv joint or a wheel bearing going. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Range Rover
Default clicking noise

i have the same thing. on the end of the foot brake linkage there is a little keeper pin. there is no way it can fall off but mine rattles to beat hell. you can take the wheel off and see it plain as day. i have tolerated it so far but i will fix it somehow, someday, but its no big deal really.

Old 07-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Range Rover
Default clicking noise

also, the way you can tell if thats the problem is do this: with the bike turned off, grab the rear rack and shake it side to side, you should hear it pretty clearly like that.

Old 07-30-2003, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default clicking noise

The inner pad of the rear footbrake was dragging on mine. It was making a clicking noise like the cv joint was going out. If the lever was held back so the pad didn't drag, both of the pads would rattle like crazy. They are not held in by anything but the recesses in the caliper.

I fixed it by removing the POS foot brake assembly and putting it on the shelf in my shed. No more clicking noise now.

Old 07-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default clicking noise

i took it to the ac dealer today they said they would have a look and see what it is.and fix it.they said it sounded like a cv joint and if it was it would be covered under warrenty.just my luck i started my 3 weeks holladays this past friday. oh well looks like im putting up sideing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default clicking noise

i just called my dealer and asked if they found out what was wrong with my cat.WELL they said they havent looked at it yet.i freeked. and said that its bin there for a week, and you havent even looked at it. i asked them why they dident check it out yet and they said they had contract work to do and that comes first. so i said that there macanic said he would get it in right away and find out what was wrong with it and order parts right away. and he said that he must have got busy and forgot. so i told them that it better be fixed by thursday next week because i need it for the weekend. they said they would get it in after lunch and check it out.needless to say im not impressed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default clicking noise

:/

Old 08-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default clicking noise

well they finally checked my cat out and said it was an axel cv joint . so they orderd me a new one under extended warrenty.the funny thing is there changing the left side axel and the noise was comming from the right side. so i told them they better make sure the right side is not going also. so they said that it just sounded like it was coming from the right side. so we will see.

Old 08-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default clicking noise

My rear foot brake was making a noise that I swear was a bad cv joint. I'm not saying that this is what is wrong with yours, but if you get it back and it is still making noise I would check it out. I put the back on jack stands and took off the right rear wheel and revved it up in 3rd gear. (in 2 wheel drive of course). I was able to isolate the noise to the rear foot brake caliper. That brake is a real POS that looks like it belongs on a Made in China go-cart.

Old 08-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default clicking noise

i'll do that thank's.