Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Atvstuff bag...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2000, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I got my rear rack bag today and I have to say this thing is HUGE! I called up saturday afternoon sometime, and they said it would ship out monday morning. It was sent by priority mail monday morning, and arrived today (wednesday) at my house. Total cost was $84.19 after tax, and shipping cost. Not too bad, considering the cost of other rear rack bags on the market. Wasn't sure quite what to expect when I opened the box.

Well, like Andy said, it was definately money well spent. The bag itself measures 36" across, 17" wide on the sides, 8" wide in the middle, and 15" deep. I got the Mossy Oak break up camo pattern, which looks really cool by the way. It's got two fairly large flat pockets on the top of the bag that run down the sides, for stuff like wet clothes maybe. Then, the whole top opens up to the main part of the bag. The zipper is very large, and very meaty. Won't have to worry about the zipper on this bag going bad, that's for sure. The material itself is pretty close to what Carhartt jackets are made out of, so it's thick, and very tough. It attaches with 5 D-ring buckles and straps on the bottom of the bag, and has 4 additional D-rings on the top of the bag to tie down other stuff, or help tie the bag down more, if needed. It also came with a camo butt pad thing that goes in the middle of the U-shape to help your rear end from getting sore from the rack if carrying an extra person.

As for service, they were very helpful, and gave me a lifetime guarantee on the bag. They said if I ever rip or tear it, to just send it back, they would take care of it for me. That was pretty cool. They shipped it out on monday morning as promised, and even found the cheapest delivery service available. They not only sent an email thanking me for the service, but also a letter inside the box as well, and also advice on cleaning it when dirty. They even included a trail map of a local area in Utah, and a couple brochures of some upcoming riding events, should I happen to be in the area in the next couple months.

All in all, I would say it was a pleasure doing business with the folks at atvstuff. They've got great products, and great customer service as well. I would highly recommend anyone interested in giving them a call.

Oh, as for my seat cover, I found a company in Baker City Oregon who will custom make a matching seat cover in the Mossy Oak break up pattern to match the bag. That should arrive next week sometime.

Well, just wanted to fill you in with the results.
thanks to everyone for all the advice!

Mike

Old 05-26-2000, 01:39 AM
Range Rover

What is the name of the company in baker city oregon

Old 05-26-2000, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

The company is called Adventure Mfg. Co. (Outdoor Accessories). I believe it is a family owned business, possibly out of their house, or a small shop, but not sure. I called them this morning to order a seat cover for my 'Cat. They were very nice people to work with. She wasn't sure if any of the 3 camo patterns she uses would match my Mossy Oak exactly, so she is mailing me a piece of each pattern for me to decide which looks the best, or if one does match. Because the material is not sold directly by the manufactorers, it cannot be called the same name for some reason, so for those reasons, she wasn't sure which would match. She quoted me a price of $34.95 for her to make me a seat cover out of the camo patter of my choice, and also said it would be right around $4.00 for shipping to my house. Not bad at all considering a replacement vinyl cover from the dealer is $39.99, and is just plain black, doesn't even have the Arcitc Cat name on it. As soon as I get the color patterns, I'll definately be ordering one from her. They've got an internet site out with a bunch of their stuff on it- advmfg.net.

Hope that helps. Are you near Baker City at all? Not sure where Molalla is.

Mike