Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Oil Pressure Light on 03 400i?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pressure Light on 03 400i?

I noticed my oil pressure light doesnt work on my atv,and looked in the service manual only to find that it doesnt even have the wiring for one?Has anyone attempted to add one?
The wiring diagram lists it as optional...
I am admittedly a little nervous of losing oil pressure after forking out $2500 to repair my engine due to the previous owner putting a stick through the oil cooler.I dont think the oil temp light would come on at all if there was no oil?I am definitely gonna put a big *** guard around the cooler too!

Old 11-04-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

On my 400 the oil pressure light comes lights up when I turn the key to the on position and goes out after the engine is started. I am assuming that is what its supposed to do? I have nearly 1000 miles on it so far and never had any problems with it overheating or anything. If your engine work was done by a dealer I would call and ask them. Maybe they forgot to connect the light, damaged the light, wiring, or fuse during the rebuild?

I have been looking for a bumper that provides some sort of protection for the cooler as well but I have not found much. I am thinking about making a custom from bumper that protects the cooler more but I am not sure if that would restrict air flow to the engine and cause overheating problems. I would probably make one out of aluminum for weight reasons. So far I have not ran into that perfect stick, but that doesn't mean its not out there.

I do not have one but maybe someone with a service manual has the wiring diagram.

Old 11-04-2003, 07:05 AM
Trailblazer

I have the service manual and the 2003 400 auto doesnt show any wiring for oil pressure,just the oil temp light.So yours lights up the oil temp light and the oil pressure light?(It looks like a picture of an oil can).its on the far right as you're sitting on the machine.Anybody else with an auto have the oil can light up with the key on?As for the guard, I meant most of the protection for the sides (where there is none) and maybe something else for the front.I dont know where the PO put the stick through,and he's not returning my calls....Im going to start the legal ball rolling this Friday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Range Rover

Yes My light light's up when the key is in the on position and turns off just about 5 seconds after it's running .
I think the sending unit is on the right side front of the engine next to the oil filter .
sounds like they forgot somthing . GOOD LUCK I hope every thing work's out .

Old 11-05-2003, 07:10 AM
Trailblazer

Thats really weird cause I looked at my owners manual as well and it just shows the first 4 lights working,and no mention whatsoever of the oil pressure light just oil temp.One of those sensors at the front is for the fan,if the other is the oil pressure switch where is the oil temp light sender?I couldnt find an extra sensor in the FSM or the online parts blowups....unless one of them is doing double duty..also the FSM has no mention of a way to test the oil pressure light,just the other 4 lamps in the panel?Maybe its a 400i specific thing?But I doubt it as my owners manual isnt specific to my machine?I dunno....
Well thanks for the replies guys...

Old 11-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Pa...ANDEXHAUST.htm

Check this link. I think it is what you are looking for.

Old 11-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys,but I checked that site,one of the sensors is for the fan switch and the other is for the oil temp light .I checked them on my bike according to the wiring diagram contained in my 2003 Cat service manual....And the wiring diagram shows no connection to the oil PRESSURE light,and its marked as optional?The violet wire (I think) went to the oil temp light,and the other one went to ground.