Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Want some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want some feedback

Gotcha!!! Good point about the money!! Hello!, will keep you posted when I hear more from him, hopefully tomorrow.
Marla

Old 01-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Range Rover

I GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They delivered my NEW (demo) about 30 minutes ago. Unfortunately, it's 9 degrees here in PA so I put it in the garage after one freezing lap around the house. It is wicked cold here. Can't even get excited to ride with this cold.

How'd you do with you quest Thomar??

REV

Old 01-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

Congrats Rev!!! that's so cool, take a lap for me maybe when it warms up to 15 degrees!! I am just waiting for that one guy to call me on the 500 but will keep you posted. Off to go play now, talk later

Old 01-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Rev or anyone else
Got a question, that 2000 500 4x4 I called about says he has about 2000 miles on it. Guy at the dealer said probably looking at a new pair of front tires. Also the guy uses it for lion hunting!!! Grrrrrrr! What do you think of 3600 for that? How many miles can these things go? The dealer said that he has seen them with as many as 28,000! Is that right? Is it like a car, you take care of it and it's going to last you? Let me know what you think. How's your machine? Has it warmed up some for you to get on it? Take it easy
Marla

Old 01-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

Hi Marla,

Yup, I put about 6 miles driving around my neighbors 1 acre property pulling about 5 kids on sleds, tubes, toboggans (in the snow), etc. The 4 wheel drive worked great. Not the most adventuresome riding, but it got me out on it. So far so good. It was perfect.

That 2000 sounds good if its in good shape. Have you checked the book on it??? 3600 sounds alittle high, but you have to consider that new, they're about 6500 or more. I gotta admit you're doing things right, keep looking and a good deal will present itself. Even if 3600 is a little high, you won't lose much if you decide to sell it. If it's in good shape, it might be worth considering.

One thing that shocked me is that my daughters 01 Beartracker 250 2WD is MUCH better in the snow than the 500 is in 2WD. Of course in 4WD, there's no comparison, but the Cat really isn't too good in 2WD, at least in snow. That damn little Beartracker is like a tank in the snow. Who'd a thought it???? I think better tires than the stockers would help the Cat in 2WD in snow.

REV

Old 01-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

Rev-
I have been pulled behind a quad in my younger years and how fun is that!! Now I would rather be driving too. The NADA on that is 3750, but maybe with the high miles I could talk him into a pair of tires! You never know until you ask right? Isn't that your philosophy? I asked the guy to take some pictures and send them, of course the dealer doesn't have a digital camera, but maybe we can work something out. So you don't think 2000 miles is high? Like I said the dealer said he has had it serviced there twice a year, the owner upgrades every two years cause of his work, tour guide for the lion hunter!!!

Old 01-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Range Rover

Thomar
\
If the maintenance has been done, I don't think 2K miles is too high not to buy, I'd be more concerned about general overall condition than mileage. Like you said, ask if you can get some new tires thrown on for free. 4 new tires is a couple hundred bucks. Is the dealer close to you, or do you have a dealer you trust that is close to you?? That's important. I wouldn't want to buy 4 hours away and have a major failoure occur. At least if it's local and a major failure occurs, your local trusted dealer would probably make it right if it occurred soon after you bought.

Any time you can get a 4X4 within the range of used values, you're doing OK. I like to be towards the bottom of the scale though.

By the time you end up buying one of these, you'll be too old to ride it (just kidding) hehe.

Just my 2cents

REV

Old 01-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer

The dealer here is not one I would trust, nor do I care for him or his attitude. For me I would rather drive than use him!!! Hopefully I can get some good pics and see it that way. I hope I am not too old to ride by the time I get it!! Good grief seems like it though!