Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Anyone subscribe to ATV Action magazine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone subscribe to ATV Action magazine?

If anyone out there subscribes to ATV Action magazine, do you still have your October '03 issue?

If so, I'd like to buy it from you. Or possibly just have you scan in the review on the DVX 400 and mail it to me if you'd be willing. There seems to be very few good reviews on the web, and I just found their website online, and found that they did a review a few months ago...

Old 02-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go buy a new one usually you can buy the older issues from the magazines themselves for an inflated cost - somehow they convince people that older ones are worth more than when they were on the shelves ... but at least you could get one if you wanted to.

Old 02-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

We have a used bookstore locally that sells used magazines for about 50% off cover price. If nothing else turns up, call the stores around you and see if they carry magazines.

Old 02-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

I've got the issue & you can have it for $4.00, that should cover the postage.
Just send me a PM & i'll give you my address for you to send me the $4.00 to.
Bruce

Old 02-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the best review of almost any quad can be found right here on these forums. this is where all the real testers post the good and bad about a machine. magazines are fun too read.. but when it comes to reviews.... they are usually not as accurate as they could be.

Old 02-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Very true. However, it is nice to have a concise report on a particular ATV, rather than a bunch of guys arguing about some trivial point...which is why I usually quit reading most threads when it goes to a second page.

Shootouts are my articles of choice. Unfortunately, a lot of reports are basically worthless, because they aren't comparing apples with apples. The "Paddle Battle" for example. None of the tires are the same diameter or number of paddles, and the ones that had the highest ratings were tested using mohawks or buffs on the front, rather than comparing all paddle tires with stockers, or buffs...

I guess you just have to take it all at face value, and just filter the good from the bad yourself.

When all else fails, I just look at the pictures. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Ryangibson:
Done deal.

Old 02-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Word of advice, never trust ATV action magazine or its more annoying brother Dirtwheels "yes they both write the same stuff and are owned by the same people and are both TOLD what to write before they even test the machines". both magazines are bias to certain companies and bash all others. if you want a somewhat accurate review from a "non-bias" magazine than go with ATV-Sport mag. but the other guys where totally right, the forums are the best place to get the answers, because most of us arent bias like the magaizines "always" are. because no printed page can match real first hand experience. but if you want to take and believe what the magazines MAKE UP...err....i mean type up, than go ahead.