Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Gauges on TRV

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges on TRV

I was looking at AC yesterday and noticed the TRV has the cheesy analog speedo/odometer and a few lights where some of the other models have the slick full digital instrumentation. Is there any way to get the digital setup on the TRV or are you just stuck with it? I kind of like the TRV except for this.

Any pros or cons about the AC line? From what I can gather on the forums, customer service leaves a lot to be desired. And it looks like suspension parts, bearings, bushings, joints, etc. are the most common items of concern.
I am really into reliable machines so I don't want one that needs fixing every time I ride it.

Thanks,
Craig

Old 02-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gauges on TRV

Hmmm. That's weird. The TRV and TBX use the pre-2004 pod...... Hmmmm.... That would have been one of the reasons I WOULDN'T have bought an AC prior to 2004.

Just can't handle that cheapo exercise bike feel. I doubt there is anything they would do for you there, but who knows.

I've had my 650 since October, and I'm super happy with it. It was delivered with the belt a little loose (just like every other 650....). And I had a sticking thermostat, that's about it.

I find my dealer really good for fixing stuff (past experience, since my buddy buys AC sleds from them as well). Other than that, I can't help you with the service side of things.

FYI though, he's had better service from the AC side than the Yamaha side (he own's a Grizzley). I think all the manufacturers are about the same. He had overheating problems, CV boots collapsing and then getting caught up in the CV joint, hicth ripping off etc etc. Yamaha doesn't seem to care, and wouldn't do anything about any of his problems, so who knows.....

Old 02-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gauges on TRV

digital on a quad is just something else to go bad.I personally like the analog on my trv.This machine is awesome in every way.Lots of power,great handling and ride,i'm glad i bought it instead of the outlander max trv.

Old 02-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gauges on TRV

Originally posted by: patchedup
digital on a quad is just something else to go bad.I personally like the analog on my trv.This machine is awesome in every way.Lots of power,great handling and ride,i'm glad i bought it instead of the outlander max trv.
True enough. But when you're dumping a boat load of money, it's the cosmetic things that make you "feel" like you got a good deal. I don't know of any other quad manufacturer that has a crappy exercise bicycle speedo....

But.... It is just a bells and whistle gimic... But, I like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 12:38 AM
TRV
Trailblazer
Default Gauges on TRV

I had the choice of either with the electronic speedo and 2/4 wheel drive switch and I picked the manual one on the 2003 for exactly the same reason listed above by patchedup. Electronics don't like water, snow or sand/dirt and simplicity is reliability over the long term. That has been my experience with Jeeps also. I have had no problems at all with mine.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gauges on TRV

The one I looked at with the simple analog gauge was already broken. The odometer control was hanging. I figured since it was a floor model, everyone messes with it but it was at a dealer (Bass Pro Shops) that just started carrying AC about a month ago. I figure if it was already broken in a month, it wouldn't last long in the real world either. I looked at another ATV and checked the gauge on it. It wasn't broken but sure looked like a nickel worth of quality for a $10 price tag. I expect more on a $7000 unit. Made me concerned about the AC in general. Hence the further question in my original post about the AC line and reliability. I sure like that MRP rack system though. That is absolutely the best setup ever devised.

I do appreciate the honest responses. Thanks.