Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Ok, I am doing it!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, I am doing it!

Doctorturbo Well, here go my reasons, not in any order.
I liked the IRS, centered rear differential, full tubular construction, including front A arms, thicker metal at A arm attach points, a well thought out chassis design, and on and on...

I rode the Griz, it was ok as far as drivability, just not as beefy as the Cat.. Also, the rear diff is off centered, making one short axle, and one long. Cat ahs equal length axles both sides... No extra stress on one-axle vs other.

Cat had a open carrier up front, with a locker. This alone makes the cat a very easy handling bike.

They all have something wrong with them; I just liked a lot more things on the cat then any other bike.

One thing I did on all bikes I test-drove, was drive them uphill backwards. I thought the cat was the absolute best in this area. Not that I intend on driving backwards, I just feel it important to be able to get out the way I came in. It does help to come out in one piece. I also feel I can use this bike to more my style of riding. I am not a drag racer, but has enough power to do any thing I wanted.

There are just to many reasons I chose the cat.
You should clime up for a sit, ride, feel the power of a cat, and don’t look back. Well except to make sure it is still on the trailer going home….
Oh, a two year warranty sure makes you feel good too!

Old 02-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

WearyWonderer I saw many of the things you saw. I really like the frames on the AC, Bomb, and Polaris. Some of the quads frames I looked at looked cheap to me.
I'm sure you will like your Cat very much. Thanks for the input.

Old 02-24-2004, 02:14 AM
Trailblazer

Doctorturbo

I sat on the Polaris, but I felt uncomfortable just sitting there. TO WIDE.... The other turn off was the disengagement of 4X4 in reverse. I had a friend tell me, when he used the reverse override button, it would toss him if he wasn’t ready...

Old 02-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

why would they have 4x4 disengage in reverse, do they think that it will not be needed when going backward, i often back my self out of the snow that i get my wheeler stuck in, and this would not work well if i only had 2wd in reverse