Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

THUNDERCAT

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THUNDERCAT

Redrecon-thanks for trying to help give these guys a reality check. I had a guy tell me that his F7 does 140!

Old 03-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Range Rover
Default THUNDERCAT

well i found out why that thundercat was only 3000, it was HOT...so in any case i'm glad i didnt buy it the guy sellin it got busted. i did however sell my F7 and bought an F5 and just today on the trail i saw 114 in the dig. and i was going down a VERY slight hill so that might have added 1-2mph...as far as the other sleds go i dont know nothin about em never ridden anything but a cat

Old 03-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Range Rover
Default THUNDERCAT

luvthemud- I said I always run with F7's and 800 Ho's meaning that my buddy's own them and I ride with them alot. I never said my sled was faster. Maybe you should read my post before you start spewing off. I also said that I have beaten SOME F6's, not ALL. Magazine dyno runs show equal HP figures for the F6 and 600 HO however production engines can vary by more than 10 percent. You then have to figure for temp., altitude, traction, rider weight, and snow condition. Mach Z slow? We'll see next year. I'm not a drag racer either. I like big moguls. Bring your whatever sled (and your gramps) to Tug Hill sometime and I'll take you both to school. Later!

Old 03-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Range Rover
Default THUNDERCAT

Originally posted by: DVX32
well i found out why that thundercat was only 3000, it was HOT...so in any case i'm glad i didnt buy it the guy sellin it got busted. i did however sell my F7 and bought an F5 and just today on the trail i saw 114 in the dig. and i was going down a VERY slight hill so that might have added 1-2mph...as far as the other sleds go i dont know nothin about em never ridden anything but a cat
Was the sled in the back of your truck?

Old 03-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Range Rover
Default THUNDERCAT

nope i was on the trails but thanks for askin ya smart ***

Old 03-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default THUNDERCAT

Look DVX32 I dont know who you are trying to fool but a stock F5, or even slightly modded will NOT do 114mph on hardpack trail. It is IMPOSSIBLE for it to travel at those speeds, the way it is geared clutched, etc it would have to be revving so high the engine would blow. Plus why would anyone sell a F7 to go down to a F5, was the 700 to powerful for you at 134mph. Its getting deep in here so I'm going to go eat my rubbers and shovel.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Range Rover
Default THUNDERCAT

i'm not trying to fool anyone i'm just saying what i saw in the speedometer...and the reason i got rid of the F7 is because of my dad...i know i'm gonna get some SHlT for this but i'm lucky that my dad didnt have much money growing up and now he does and he chooses to get the things that make me happy, but he isnt rich and he wants a new truck and he just dont have the money to keep up the insurance on the F7 and still be able to pay for the bill on my DVX and the insurance for the DVX so he asked me to help him save some money and go down to an F5, and any sled is OK with me, i dont get to ride them much because there is usually not too much snow, last year we had like 2 weekends where the trails were open, this year we've had alot more, but yea i'm not a hardcore snowmobiler so an F5 is still cool

Old 03-09-2004, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default THUNDERCAT

where is turtle lake? sledheadrich, i misunderstood your use of the word "ride". some people use it like: "i can ride with that machz all day", and others like yourself use it "i ride with a machz". understandable. either way i am happy to see ski-doo come out with the 1000, it will make everyone else try a little more. snowmobile technology would be nothing like it is today if companys didn't introduce new stuff, and arctic cat and ski doo and at the front of introducing new things (that aren't four stroke). i hope that the machz goes a little faster then 127 though, that isn't very fast, you have to at least give me that. my sled with a clutch kit could easily see those numbers. we will have to wait and see, anyway hey dvx if you want a thundercat my local dealer has a 2000 in great shape for $3000.00. great deal, i know the guy who traded it in. as for coming to tug hill, that is a long trip. does sound pretty cool though. maybe we can meet half way LOL. oh yeah and i would have that speedo checked because there is no way that a 500 will hit 114. not trying to rain on your parade but that is impossible unless modded.

Old 03-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default THUNDERCAT

You guys crack me up!

Hey, my Powder Special will do 140 up a 40 degree hill, so take that!

I feel sorry for the guys who don't know much about sleds and come here and read all this stuff, then go home and tell their buddies how fast a 99XC, or a 600HO are.

But hey, this is fun and we are all here because we want to have a little fun.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default THUNDERCAT

Hey bud i wazent lieen bout my xc 600s speed if u lived in upstate ny i would meet u and let u take it down redfield rez

Quick Reply: THUNDERCAT