Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

ATV TV Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV TV Yesterday

They like their sponcers better.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV TV Yesterday

big bad scrambler is right there is nothing wrong with blasting through the desert or doing some rock crawling i love rock crawling but this guy just absolutely drives me insane he is a tenderfoot tell you one thing if he went through mud and actually got all up on his machine a lil bit he might have some different things to say about some of these brands he loves straight axles well where i go nobody has straight axle for the ride and for the ground clearance there should be a real atv show out there with ppl who actually beat an atv to find there weak points then do stories on that

Old 06-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV TV Yesterday

I think that show caters to its sponsors. Between the tv shows and the 'comparison tests', the best lesson I've learned is to use my own judgment.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV TV Yesterday

weez440, that is what I am saying, lets see a long term test.
Lets see how the bike handles mud and ruts with lots of water.
This is where we drive. If you don't have to get pulled out of the mud 2 or 3 times, then you stayed home for the day.
Like I said before in this thread, I want to see a long term test on a bike that has 1000 miles of mud chuckin', water sprayin', stream crossin' and trail riding on it.
It's hard to respect a test that is 50 miles of sandy trails and hills on a brand new wheeler. Any bike should test well on that test.

Old 06-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV TV Yesterday

Why dont they do a feature on the Highlifter Mud Nationals? Better yet why doesnt highlifter do a show.

Old 06-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default ATV TV Yesterday

Since when does Doug Meyer like Polaris? He's constantly ranting about Honda's. You should've tuned in to ATV Sport TV and watched the nifty segment on the DVX 400. Some nice dune shots. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2004, 06:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV TV Yesterday

I caught a wheeler show 1 time,and they had 2 shows dedicated to last years Highlifter Mud Nationals.
If I wasn't more than 3000 miles away (Canada), I would go to it.
I don't have a bike to put in it, but it would be fun as hell to watch it!!!
They had 1 bike there (from Canada, I say proudly) that had 26" of clearance. The back A-arm broke going through the huge deep mud hole and he had to be pulled out. He had won the best mods award at the start of the show.

Old 06-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default ATV TV Yesterday

Did anyone see the show where they did the 3 day camping trip on the Piuite (spell) trial? Guess what they rode? Thats right, an Arctic Cat and a Polaris, and not one word about the bikes!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default ATV TV Yesterday

hey Volvoman,

Just noticed that you have two 01 300's, I have a 03 300, Just wondering, have you
ever had any problems with them, and if so, what kind of problems? Would you happen
to have a tachometer on one or both? I have had a lot of idle problems with mine, and
everything, and I mean everything has been done to try and fix it, I have a tach, and it
idles anywhere from 2000-5000 rpms, very cold natured, even in 90+ temps.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default ATV TV Yesterday

Mooseman,
2000-5000 rpm idel is a real problem. I supect your tach may be calibreted for a 4, 6, or 8 cly engine. If your bike were ideling at this speed I dont think you chould get it in gear, or at 5000 rpm I dont think you could stop it if you did get it in gear. I did have problems with bad ideling and being cold blooded at first. The first thing I did was put in a one step hotter spark plug and that helped some, but the thing that has helped most is adjusting the pilot screw 3.5 turns out from bottom. I think this has helped enough to use the stock plug again. I also have gone from a 135 main jet to a 130 to help the top end, as it was a littel rich there. The bad idel and cold blooded running I feel was a lean at idel problem. My dealer told me that they have had to go to a richer pilot jet on some bikes. He also said that valve adjustment had a lot to do with this problem. All this is with a Keihin carbarator. Good luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ATV TV Yesterday