Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

650 icm power pak module problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 650 icm power pak module problem

try this
http://www.erlandsonperformance.com/...ory_Code=acscp

Old 05-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

thanx pockets i now have my black spring and dynatek cdi on the way i am hoping you guys gave me the right p/n i have faith in you and i gotta stop talking to you guys cause i end up spending more money and just ordering stuff off of the internet what else i supposed now you guys will talk me into a different pipe and a k&n air filter if they even make them yet for the 650 ac

Old 05-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Trailblazer

weez440
far as i can find out no k & n yet, i am waiting to see when they will have one
i am trying to decide on the dg3 or the dynatec cdi as they had some problems with the dyna tec so let me know how you make out with it
what weights are you using in your drive clutch ??

Old 05-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

i got stock weights in my drive clutch don't really need to clutch it up just trying to tighten the belt up and will deffinately let you know how that cdi works out wish me luck

Old 05-29-2004, 04:14 AM
Trailblazer

Pockets,
I just installed my Dynatec CDI today and took it for a ride. I think the amount of power off the bottom is similar to my HL ICM but it seems to run alot smoother and might be a little quicker through the mid and on top. It's an amazing difference over stock but not much of a diff over the HL ICM but I didn't buy it for it's performance gains. I bought it to eliminate the LIMP mode. It starts easy and runs strong with not even a hiccup yet and I took it through it's paces so go for it. Installs in a min also.

Rich.

Old 05-29-2004, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider

hey wook well thanx to everyone for recommending the black spring for my driven clutch took me longer to take the damn belt off and fabricate a system to compress the clutch but hey it was no problem i live on the farm and had the items in hand so i was able to fabricate and dominate i will be getting my dynatek cdi within the next week and well thanx wook cause i hate limp mode didn't have a problem with it to much in the past then bam the last time i took it for a longer ride it came on twice my buddy corey just put a high performance kit from highlifter in his 660 grizzley and well it didn't make that much of a difference i got 27 and he has 26 inch tires and i got more still then he does but that grizz does sound sweet with that new pipe and a good thing yamaha makes a machine that is mechanically sound cause they are hard to work on took us a few hours to put it in and had alot of problems with the carb which should be pretty well much standard everything but yamaha makes a kick *** machine but he can't hold wheelies like i can even after he put the kit in i guess i always been partial to arctic cat to make ppl mad cause polaris is 15 miles well less then that from me and the arctic cat factory is about 40 and there is alot of compitition but roseau minnesota is having a mud run this year (where polaris is built) and i think i am gonna enter the mighty cat tell me wook before i go up against these polarisis do i need to rejet my carbs because that seems like it is kind of a pain in the butt to me and you all should let me know when k&n comes out with a filter for the 650 arctic cat and well i want to know what do you all think of the new arctic cat 650 motor me myself it says it has alot of low end and mid range but i like the smoothness of the vtwin but it sounds like arctic has went no holds barred when it comes to hiring ppl for this project and i hear so close to the factories if this stuff is junk or not like do not buy the fusion polaris snowmobile trust me so i will let ya know what i hear good luck yall and ride safe

Old 05-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

Boy, that was one long sentence. I love my twin but I hope that the AC hemi is even better. In a couple of years if it's worth it I would love to own a hemi after they sort out the bugs. I hope it's the same chassis and suspention with only new plastic because I love the way my ATV handles and the class leading 13in of ground clearence is killer.
I don't think your going to have to worry about rejetting yet. I just finished replacing the plugs in mine along with an oil change this morning after my riding yesterday with the Dynatec CDI. The plugs were a perfect golden tan color and as I said in my last post, It ran perfectly. No adjustments made to anything. Not even the Idle. I don't think anyone makes an exhaust system yet or an aftermarket filter like K&N but when they do, I'll be the first one to buy it. Then you'll need to rejet. Some of my next mods will be whatever parts Kawasaki uses to make it a 700. I have herd that FSP makes a 780cc kit for the prairie and it consists of sending your cylinders, heads and carbs to them. They bore, and sleeve the cyls, port the heads and install some mild performance cams and modify the stock carbs including rejetting. It also comes with all gaskets and some new higher comp forged pistons. It's supposed to increase the HP by 50% over a stock P700 motor. Now that sounds like fun!!!

Rich.

Old 05-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

lol that does sound like fun it also sounds like a good way to eventually break a persons neck i supposed if you had that much power you would have to invest in heavy duty axles which would be easy to install but it would just take some time i really am excited about that dynatek cdi heard lot of good things bout them but it is actually 70 degrees outside so i am gonna go ride my wheeler ttyl

Old 05-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

Hi guys....i got to say ..i put a Dg3 modual and,and i noticed a difference.,,but i did put homemade duel exhast..and it did more than the DG3. also..i am waitting for perfomance cams from Dalton..should be here this week.......and remeber if u put the modual in u can also put a shut off switch.......so when u are ideling ..it wont run warmer than normal..i am alos going to put a 3 degree timing key in my 650...hoping the cams and key help it out......also..........i have to replace my belt as i slipped it good... if u guys in the U.S. think u pay lots for stuff..u should be here...lol..belt is about $195.00 canadian....and no it isnt covered under waranty..hopinmg i get the ..mos done this week ..will let u all know how it works.....but i would duel out the exhast .and see what u get.............it is amasing....i used...baby glass packs.without baffels....u can buy thw blanks and weld your own nipples on then to fit your pipes..........it took only acouple hours and it made a big difference.and i didnt have to change anything...havea goor one......Rod.....in Saskatchewan Canada.............my u all have good riding

Old 05-31-2004, 10:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello, I have had my 650cc for one week and 37 miles. Went to Hatfield and McCoy trail WV, then found a large mud hole and the bike did fine with the 27" 589m/t's but a mile down the road it went into limp mode and I attmepted to set belt, no luck. I need some assitance because I spent a lot of money on this thing as well as the trip and I am not happy. I have read the attached messages, pink primary spring and black secondary, as well as new CDI,

Quick Reply: 650 icm power pak module problem