Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat 650 or Rincon 650

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arctic Cat 650 or Rincon 650

HELP i need info and opinons on rincon and the ac650 which one to buy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

OutlawKing,
From your sig it looks like you ride a lot of Mud(29.5 Outlaws).If that is the case I would go with the Cat 650.The Rincon is a sportier bike fantastic on the trails but wont touch a Cat in the Mud.

Vince

Old 05-31-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

They say the rincon has a pretty sweet ride,if that makes a difference.The arctic cat isn't bad but not as sporty,I guess.I wouldn't trade mine for anything though,well maybe a 2005.lol.

Old 05-31-2004, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

I went through the same delima about 4 weeks ago. No low range and drum brakes on the Rinny sold me on the AC.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks alot yall but i was still wonderin since the rinny gots gears how low is 1rst and can it make up for no low range wid a first gear also whats the top speed on the rincon to

Old 05-31-2004, 11:46 PM
Range Rover

I've got ATV televisions review of both rigs. If you've got the outdoor channel, you can catch ATVTV. I DVR it.. Anways.. on to the reviews. First the Honda.

HONDA RINCON

THE GOOD:

Impressive handling, great ergonomics, and undoubtedly that same old honda reliability.

THE BAD:

Rough engine and a silly transmission that lacks enough gears and a low range.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

An incredible big bore ATV that could be a contender if it weren't for that danged transmission.

Now the Cat

THE GOOD:

Great gauges, great shifter, great racks, great floorboards, and now comfortable and capable as well.

THE BAD:

A bit tall in the saddle for extreme situations and higher speeds, the brakes still need refinement, and the gas filler is slow when filling.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Finally a good combination of utility and performance.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

well the honda does have a sweet look with that 650 but i haven't heard great things about the tranny and well i like the smoothness of the v-twin in my cat but with honda you do have that great reliability and with the info on atvtelivision i don't really listen to what they have to say much cause they are not particularly fond of the independent rear suspention with whatever choice you make it will be a good one all i know is that i love my 650 after i put the black spring in the secondary clutch to tighten the belt

Old 06-01-2004, 08:52 AM
Range Rover

My opinion is that Honda sends out information on any problems they have to the dealers. The dealer that I got my cat from is also a Honda dealer and he said that Honda was great about sending info on any problems to them by letter, fax and phone calls. That was their biggest compliment of Honda over Arctic Cat. Arctic Cat's hush-hush policy is starting to hurt them with customers. Most people will stay loyal to a company as long as the company trys to take care of its customers. Just my 2 cents worht.

Old 06-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

i hear that honda is coming out with a 5 speed for 2005 rincon.
and if thats true the rincon will be the one that will come out on top in all the magazine shoot outs.
thats what thay all say is it needs a 5 spd so i hear thats what its getting.
but who knows it might be a rummor.
now for the ac.
if you want something thats fast has a locking diff tons of ground clearence.
and be able to outdo all your freinds then thats what you want.
the 650 is one bad cat.
the only thing bad i read about the 650 is the limp mode problem but thats it.
and thats minor.
the choice is yours.
if it was my choice i would wait and see if it was true about the honda.

Old 06-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dear Outlawking,

I did my research on all of the big ATV's prior to my purchase of an Artic Cat 650. Here are my reasons for purchasing the Cat: First, it has the Kawasaki V-Twin engine that all the ATV magazines think is the best engine on the market. It is fast, responsive with loads of power. It has the largest of all fuel tanks - 6.5 Gallons. It has 4 wheel drive with high/low range and differential lock. The Honda does not have low range or differential lock, it has a single cylinder engine with a modest size fuel tank. The Honda's transmission free wheels which could cause an accident. Both have digital gauges and IRS and both are extremely stable. The Artic Cat comes with a full two year warranty, Honda's warranty is 6 months. Artic Cat has undoubtably the best rack system on the market. [MPR] Honda has a standard rack system. Most importantly, with the Honda you had better not ever roll it. When we were up in Richfield, Utah a man with a Honda Rincon had rolled his ATV. It was at this time we learned that Honda has placed all of it's computer equipment under the headlight/speedometer. It cost the man 1,500.00 dollars to replace that assembly. He now owns an Artic Cat 650. Need I say more. Good luck and I wish you well. Cat650

Quick Reply: Arctic Cat 650 or Rincon 650