Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE RIGHT CYLINDER RAW FUEL???????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BANSHEE RIGHT CYLINDER SPEW

I JUST REBUILT THE CARBS ON MY 96 BANSHEE.I DID BOTH SIDES THE SAME.NOW THE RIGHT SIDE IS SPEWING RAW FUEL.I SWAPPED THE PLUG WIRE AND STILL SPEWED.NEW PLUGS DIDNT HELP.I TRIED PUTTING OLD PARTS BACK IN STILL SPEWED. . BOTH WIRES SPARK THE SAME AND HAVE NEW PLUGS

Old 02-17-2005, 07:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BANSHEE RIGHT CYLINDER RAW FUEL???????????

Is the fuel coming out the bottom vent tubing? You probably just have to adjust your floats in that carb.

Old 02-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

Spark plugs have nothing to do with fuel. Does sound like your floats are either stuck from handling the carbs a little rough (try tapping on them with a screwdriver handle) or they are out of adjustment, or you installed the floats, float needles, or float seats incorrectly. You may have mis matching flat needles for the float seats too. Did you change both the needles and the seats or tried a shortcut changing just the needles. Take a clear plastic hose that fits snugly over the carb bowl drain nipples. You may already have clear hoses on but they are probably black and not see thru. Get some clear hose ata parts store if you don't have any. A couple of feet is fine. Only about 15 cents a foot. Cut about a 1 foot piece from the hose you picked up. Stick it onto the drain nipple at the bottom of the carb. Remove the original hose if it is a non see thru one. If it is see thru just use that hose instead. Turn off the fuel at the gas tank. Now grab a screw driver to allow you to crack open the drain screw on the carb bowl. Located at the very bottom. Hopefully your model has the drain screw and not a large drain bolt with no nipple at the carb bottom. Now with screwdriver close by and the gas shut off. Bend the clear hose upward in your hand making a letter "u" with that hose. It will come downward off of the drain nipple then gently not to kink it, bend upward close to the carb body and end up with the loose end in your hand pointing straight up. Now you are ready to see the float bowl fuel level. Crack open the drain screw. Let the gas run. It will flow down and around the "u" of the clear hose you just put on. It should proceed up the the loose end in your hand and stop. This stopping point is level with the fuel level in the float. It should be about hte height of the float bowl gasket line. Just move the hose a bit to get it close to the bowl putting the hose in the line of sight from your eyes and the float bowl. You can now see how high the fuel level is inside the carb. If it is above the bowl gasket it is too high or too rich and it probably is with your problem of fuel pouring out. If so re assemble the floats using a manual and adjust if needed according to the specs in the manual. Sounds like you need a manual tho. You don't sound experienced assuming spark plugs could possibly fix this and if you aren't experienced, save yourself the aggravation and grab a $20 haybes or Clymer manual either on Ebay or locally. Worth the small investment. Also if you happen to get the floats leaner but go to lean you could burn the engine so get a manual and use it. Floats are easy to adjust and only take a minute once the carb is out and in your hand and insures a little more safety from ruining your engine and even possibly burning up your bike from fuel getting all over. Best of luck.

Old 02-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer

Just another tip that you can take advantage of since you have a twin cylinder bike. Do the float level check using the clear hose on the cylinder that is not spewing gas just for a reference to see where that carb float is set too. I would still want to be sure that one is set by the book also though. You could easily have adjusted one carb rich and the other carb lean not knowing and you will be taking a chance of burning the cylinder that is not spewing gas at the moment. Grab that manual.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

THANKX FOR THE INFO. I LEFT OUT THE FACT THAT I USED NEW SEATS AND VALVES,BOTH JETS,NEEDLE AND CLIP,GASKET AND CLEANED CARBS SPOTLESS. SINCE I AM GETTING HELP I WANTED TO ADD THIS.AFTER I FOUND OUT THE RT SIDE WAS NOT RUNNING JUST SPEWING GAS I PROCEEDED TO-INSTALL NEW PLUGS THEN -SWAP WIRES ON SPARK PLUGS-STILL NOTHING WORKED!!!! THEN I PULLED RT CARB OFF AND PUT OLD PARTS BACK IN MAKING SURE CARBS WERE SINKED . SAME.STILL NO CHANGE!!! THEN I PULLED BOTH CARBS OFF AND SWAPPED FLOATS!!!ALSO CHECKED CHOKE FOR PROPER WORKING. THEN STARTED IT UP ,STILL SPEWED RT SIDE. IT HAS SPARK BUT SEEMS LIKE IT IS NOT FIRING BECAUSE EXHAUST COLD WITH ALOT OF RAW FUEL COMING OUT. WHY WOULD IT SPARK BUT NO FIRE IN CYLINDER??? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. I AM GOING TO BUY MANUAL TODAY AL

Edited by ATV connection modrator

COUld you please release your CAP lock posting of messages using all capital letters is considered impolite and should be avoided.

Thank you

Old 02-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That cylinder isn't getting the fuel and lube it needs if gas is pouring out of the carb. It is just "along for the ride" right now, not good. Renegade pretty much gave you all the info you need to fix that puppy.

After rereading your posts, it would help if you could clarify, is gas spewing out of the carb, or out of the exhaust, or where?

Old 02-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

The gas would be spewing out of the right side exhaust pipe.it comes out the end alot,i mean alot. thankx al[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]