Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

clutch kit question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch kit question?

I bought one from EPI and am trying to put it in, but have a question, does the whole clutch cover need to come off?? the outside and inside cover? And when taking off the primary clutch (front one) does the inside cover come off with it?? I am having troubles taking the primary off (the nut doesnt want to move, with impact) so we are kind of at a standstill, but will be on it today. Thanks for any input.

Old 06-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

DOOBER....
.....IF U ARE CHANGING SPRINGS,,,,,,,,,,,,MAKE SURE U HAVE THE TOOL TO PULL THE PRIMARY....ALSO THE THREADS ON THE PRIMARY ARE LEFT HAND......GOOD LUCK....RIDE SAFE

Old 06-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks limrok, I got it apart and back together, makes a big difference easier to keep speed on hills and you dont have to get on the throttle to keep moving.

Old 06-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer

doober,,,,,good going.and ya it does make a differeance.i havea kit from dalron..a blue primay and purple secondary.and it makea big differance... also the DG3 moduel i put in has made a big difference..only thing is when iding i need to dhut it off,,,as it cause engine to run warm idling.ride safe and have fun.......

Old 06-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

sorry guys i meant to say Dalton

Old 06-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

It is just a 400, but hopefully this will make it an even better mudder. Didnt get a chance to go for a good ride yet, just a little one.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

HELP ME OUT GUYS,

I have a clutch question also!

My dealer does not even want to talk about a Clutch Mod. First off is there a clutch mod available for the 2004 500 Auto? Second what is involved with the mod. (is it the same as the mod discused above)? And third where did you buy yours at?

Thanks,

Old 06-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer

Well after a quick look at Dalton's web site I may have answered some of my own question. It appears they offer a kit for the 04 500 but it sounds like the DPSS-P/Y secondary spring along may get done what I am after. However the question of what is involved still remains. Any help on that?

Old 06-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Well there is a difference between a clutch mod and a clutch kit, the mod is pretty easy and doesnt take that long really (depending on how much beer you drink) the kit takes longer to do, but after I did it and had to pull it appart the second time (put the sprague in backwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] ) it really doesnt take that long either, but the little springs that go in take a bit to get on, they are tricky little suckers. The clutch kit comes with instructions that if followed exactly are pretty good.

Old 06-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

limrok

your dual exhaust
instructions pics cost ?????
diff????

Quick Reply: clutch kit question?