Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 01:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC warranty??

Is Ac's warranty any count I have the extended 2yr warranty and my dealership acts like nothing is covered. I was wondering how AC itself is and if my dealership is just BS'ing me! My 650 is at the shop again missing, sputtering/4wd-2wd not working and 3 belts at 150 mi and 50hr. Oh yeah, Contrary to the mechanic I am not abusive to my bike at all. I was contemplating trading it for a rubicon if I'm going to have more problems with them fixing it. I can deal with problems after all they are mass produced usually by the cheapest bidder! but the dealer said he would allow me 4500 trade on the rubicon he said he may have to fix my bike before he could sell it because " AC may not warranty it" so I was wondering will it be a constant battle from now on?? I am at witts end over this I love the cat would have no other if it is done screwing up! I have a dalton spring kit just have not had time to put it in and the first belt the dealership did not explain high/low and the second belt they did not put in correct, of course all my fault! Any info from ya'll would be great Iam lost!!

Old 06-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC warranty??

If you have been thru 3 belts at a 150 miles, your dealer must not know how to correctly check the belt deflection or how to reshim the drive clutch for correct deflection. Your warranty is 6 monthes bumper to bumper on anything, except wearable parts, for example: brake pads, tires, and belts. After your 6 monthes is up you have a year and a half of extended powertrain warranty only and a $50 deductable (paid by the customer) on any warranty claims. Again the extended warranty does not cover belts or anything else that is wearable. And Arctic Cat is paying for the first belt adjustment also, they know they have an issue from the factory. If your belt drive has the original shims in it, chances are it is incorrect and thats why you are eating belts.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC warranty??

Hey I just put my 500cc in the shop two weeks ago and had my starter replaced and steering bushing replaced and they didn't charge me nothing. It was all under the AC warrenty. the only thing that they did say was that I was suppost to bring it back to the same dealership that it was purchased but they were going to take care of it for me anyway.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:17 AM
Trailblazer
Default AC warranty??

I know this one's old, but it was brought up that AC will do first belt adjust?????? Where can I find info like that?