Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Diamond G ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond G ??

Anyone know about the diamond G power module? I have heard good about Dynatech but it is 275 and Diamond G is like 140? I was wondering wich to get??

Old 08-15-2004, 10:33 PM
ng
Trailblazer
Default Diamond G ??

Try this link http://www.k a wie rid ers.com/forums/index.php? I tried to space the word out to get it on here. It wont let me do it any other way.

Old 08-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Diamond G ??

The Diamond G mod produces power by fooling the cdi into thinking the ATV is going faster than it is. The ATVs cdi uses the signal from the speed sensor to advance the ignition timing. This is so you don't get full power out of the engine at low vehicle speeds to keep inexperianced riders from getting into trouble. By creating a false speed signal the CDI will produce full ign advance EVEN AT IDLE. This can cause some overheating problems but does give the motor a kick in the pants. The Dynatec CDI replaces the entire stock CDI so it installs in seconds. It uses engine rpm to advance the ign timing so you don't have full advance at idle. When It does dial in the advance in it actually advances the ign more than stock for more power. It eliminates the reverse limiter and best of all, eliminates the LIMP MODE. The ATV starts easier and runs cooler and is definately a lot faster than stock. The Dynatec is definately the way to go.

Hopes this helps you out,
Rich.

Old 08-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Diamond G ??

Originally posted by: Wookie
The Diamond G mod produces power by fooling the cdi into thinking the ATV is going faster than it is. The ATVs cdi uses the signal from the speed sensor to advance the ignition timing. This is so you don't get full power out of the engine at low vehicle speeds to keep inexperianced riders from getting into trouble. By creating a false speed signal the CDI will produce full ign advance EVEN AT IDLE. This can cause some overheating problems but does give the motor a kick in the pants. The Dynatec CDI replaces the entire stock CDI so it installs in seconds. It uses engine rpm to advance the ign timing so you don't have full advance at idle. When It does dial in the advance in it actually advances the ign more than stock for more power. It eliminates the reverse limiter and best of all, eliminates the LIMP MODE. The ATV starts easier and runs cooler and is definately a lot faster than stock. The Dynatec is definately the way to go.

Hopes this helps you out,
Rich.
Would there be any negative effect on long-term durability? Why or why not?

Old 08-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Diamond G ??

With the Diamond G mod (or a High Lifter mod) your biggest problem you might encounter is some overheating. Of course severly overheating a motor isn't exactly good for it. The Dynatec mod only creates a normal ign advance curve and slightly raises the rpm rev limiter (I believe by 1000rpm). It does dial in slightly more advance but only at engine rpms that can use it to create more power, so it is not likely to cause any engine damage at all. All these units do is allow the engine to create all the power they can off the bottom. I have herd that some people are having a hard time with some backfiring issues apon start-up with the Dynatec but mine has performed flawlessly and Dynatec is replacing the flawed units. Dyna had a bad run of some early units but supposedly all new units are tested and perfect. As for people saying that there Dyna units are making there ATVs run hot. Mine runs just as cool as it did stock (HL temp gauge) and will never overheat at Idle or slow driving. On the other hand you could watch the temp rise at idle with the HL module.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Diamond G ??

The mechanic here at the AC dalership said that the Dynatec will not harm the engine at all... they said it would not void my warranty (this may be different at other dealerships)... so I ordered it and should get it any day now. I mean it depends a little on your driving style, if you go all out all the time things wear out faster.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Diamond G ??

been about 600 miles since i put the dynatek cdi in and absolutely no limp mode and it does run alot cooler now, but mine didn't get any faster on top end. if you look at the dyno tests it shows that it gives alot more power on low end but very lil on top, which is what i wanted cause who needs to go over 65 even though i still hit 64 with mine today and i have 27 inch tires on it.

Old 09-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Diamond G ??

What is limp mode? Also, do the 27" tires put more stress on the belt? I have a P700 and just ordered 27" 589's and am second guessing as I do not want maintenance headaches as a result of the bigger tires. Thanks!