Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Mud Running pt 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Running pt 2

Hey everyone just a followup on how the mudrunning went well there was a total of 11 of us 9 polarises of different sizes and stuff and my 650 cat and the 660 grizzly. Well the guy on the grizz got mad and went home after about an hour cause well he is an idiot, but the rest of us took off at 11 in the morning and i didn't get home till 10 that night we were in the mud all day long in some of the most hardcore stuff i have ever been in in my life and out of the remaining 10 of us all of us had cosmetic damage to our wheelers, I just pulled the mud flap loose on mine no big deal and we broke one rack on a polaris 5 different footrests busted front ends leads me to believe do you think polaris has to much cheap plastic on there atv's???? cause mine will be 5 min to fix these people have to go and buy new stuff for there. Anyways we drowned out 4 got 2 running i think it was 3 of them that were running were running rough but all i gotta say is my cat was awesome all day never been more proud of her, nobody wanted to follow behind me even the guys with big tires cause i would hit that accelerator and she would just fly through the stuff and i would rut it up so bad everyone else would have problems. So i got in trouble over that but i got about 20 pictures or so but i will post them as soon as i get them developed and well OHHHHHH almost forgot i have a black spring for my secondary clutch and took out the small shim and when we got into the really thick stuff i was still slipping my belt i mean i fried my belt i can already feel horsepower loss and well i lost like 1 mph on top end but is there anything i can do to tighten it up more???? Yes i know that we were in stuff a person probably should never be in but still I don't want my belt loose so any input would be appreciated thanks for your time and it was a blast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Range Rover
Default Mud Running pt 2

Where did you go riding?

Old 08-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Running pt 2

right on the minnesota canadian border

Old 08-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Running pt 2

Be thankful yer belt is slipping.....I broke my second front axle yesterday in the muskeg.....

Old 08-31-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Running pt 2

really? we have the same setup and i had no problem with the rest of the machine and i drove that son of a gun very very hard i can honestly say i have never beaten a fourwheeler more severely that is really to bad i hate to hear anyone having trouble with any brand new or even older atv

Old 09-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Range Rover
Default Mud Running pt 2

Wheez, glad you had a blast! Man the 650 is a beast in the mud no one will ever follow me either they get all kinda mad ,when they do! Usually everyone will stop and watch me when I hit a hole and not that I am spectacular or anything they just love to watch that thing sling the mud ! it is pretty awesome! I personally have a Dalton spring kit and took the small shim out, put a new belt in and it did pretty good sometimes I could tell the engine/trans speed was starting to exceed the tire speed so I let off just a hair, I am kinda paranoid of the belt ! That is a big load on it when your in 4wd and the mud is thick sticky stuff, but it was flawless! I was pretty proud of mine also!

Old 09-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Running pt 2

what color spring you put in your drive clutch and would that help tighen it up seems like if i crack the throttle it won't burn but i had to do alot of tedioius technical slow manuvering cause if i hit it just a lil i was down to my frame everyone was and i kept burning it i was just glad i didn't blow it or anything i like being able to drive up to about 45 in low but when you are in some really nasty stuff the belt wants to slip and it shouldn't ever slip on a person unless youg et it wet