Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Synthetic oil??????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthetic oil??????????????????

Hi all I was just wondering when I can switch to synthetic oil and if it is worth it to do so?
I have a 04 400 auto with 550 miles on it now, any thoughts? Does it really matter if I use it or not?

Old 09-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I switched to the AC synthetic after 100 miles. Works great so far. Probably more money then it should be, but this way they can't say I am breaking any warrantee issues. As far as it really mattering, probably not if you take the time to change oil at the recommened intervals, but with the synthetic they told me I could do every 500 miles instead of 300 for the regular. That is why I do it.

Old 09-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

This question has been beaten to death in the past. Do a search on "synthetic" or "oil" in any manufacturers forum to get all of the info you'll ever need. :-D

Old 09-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

ethernut wouldn't you have to say that alot of questions posted have been beaten to death? You never know what someone new might have to add to what you have already found through searches. I'm not defending people who post questions without doing any research but some of us have done plenty of research and are just looking for any new info.

Old 09-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]hi

Old 09-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry didn't mean to be a bother, guess I will get my imformation someplace else.

Old 09-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't intend to get under anyones skin. Simply put, if you search in the Polaris, Honda, Kawi, yamaha, Cat ... forum areas you'll find TONS of info on synthetic. People have been asking your very same question for years and it has been mulled over many times. I was attempting to point you to more resources so you can get more info, not shoot you down or make a personal cut at you.

Please run a few searches in the all of the forums, you'll have plenty of info to make your decision and you'll get a lot more hits than just posting your question in one place.

I personally use synthetic in everything I own and wouldn't use anything else. But some people won't use synthetic because of some reason or another. Funny thing about synthtic oil, it starts religious debates sometimes. I've been reading this forum since 2001 and have seen it over and over. I was just trying to keep that from happening.

Apoligies..

Old 09-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

Hi and thanks for asking a good question. I have been using Amsoil in my Yama 250 for 4 years, in the whole machine engine diff's etc and love the devil out of it. It runs quieter and smoother. I put it in my 03 AC 500 auto from the get go and it's acting the same. I picked Amsoil only because it is one of the few that is 100% synthetic. Others I'm guessing are as good, so take your pick. I am not to good about regular changing so I feel better using it. (History from my trucks use of it). Plus I hate having to change it at all and any savings in time there is good for me. Good luck.

Old 09-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Range Rover

wow, you ain't kiddin the synthetic question has been asked many many times, but something helpful always comes out of the discussion. I also use amsoil in some of my toys. I use it in my jet ski and the next time my atv needs an oil change, it will be amsoil oil. I have heard so many good thing about this stuff it's crazy! I think synthetic is general is a wise choice, just my $0.02

Old 09-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Range Rover

Try Amsoil 0w-40 4-stroke 100% synthetic, especially formulated for use in ATV's, good stuff!

Quick Reply: Synthetic oil??????????????????