Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Questions about Hilifter ICM Power Pak

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Hilifter ICM Power Pak

Old 09-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I guess you can tell I'm new here, but I have found alot of usefull info here. I just bought an A/C 650 2004. I am just tring to figure out what mods will give me the best bang for the buck. Hilifter states a 20% gain in low end power. Have any of you used or seen anyone use this product and if so are there any other mods that have to be done in order to get these results? I have not done any modification to my bike at this time. I am still trying to break it in. I have plans to work on my exhaust, thanks to the advise of heyyou. Any info is appr.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:06 PM
ng
Trailblazer

I've got the Hl mod. It makes a BIG deference at take off,I've got the 2500 lb winch,front brush gaurd, and I'm running 26" mud lights,the fronts are 26x10x12. I think it may be the best bang for the buck but the other guys may know of something else.The Dynatech helps you all the way through the range but cocsts more money. Good luck with your choice. P.S. wheelies are know problem,It'll even pull up in high gear.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the plug dude.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I will be modding my intake and re-jetting this week and will let you know how that goes.Wish me luck.

You get quite a bit out of a module and modding your muffler,and if you have seen how restricted your snorkle is,and compare it to the 2 1/4" ID hose that I'm putting in,plus the 140 jets,from 122,gotta make a huge difference.Once again,wish me luck.

I'm just hoping all my stuff comes in this week.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Still learning about this sight. Found some stuff searching this site. It seems like the icm could make your engine run hotter. Is this a problem with the dyna cdi? Heyyou, I will not get to go riding this week so I feel like it will be a great opportunity to work on my bike. I am trying to get all I can out of it so my comi, Honda ridin, no good, not shifting out of 1st gear, 400 05 rancher ridin best friend can watch me smoke him even quicker. I,m not a mechanic so I am still researching different things that I can do. My gosh you can spend a fortune playing with these things. Oh yeah the Honda dealer had to come and get my friends new rancher. He is very pod about the whole deal. The bike will not shift out of 1st gear whether in elec shift or auto and it acts like my A/C did when it was in limp mode. But any way good luck on rejetting and 1st I am going to try your suggestion about the exhaust, and after I find out which will best benefit me I will purchase the cdi or the Icm.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't worry about the ICM making your bike run hot,the fan is set to come on at a lower temp than most people think,so when the fan comes on,they think its hot,but it isn't anything to worry about,all big bores run hot.I am on quite a few forums and don't know anyone with a 650 cat that has had the temp light come on.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

the hl icm is a really really good investment for your dollar but the dynatek cdi does cost alot more but it will run cooler and you won't have to worry bout limp mode anymore you can go in reverse without hitting the ovveride switch and gives ya about the same pony gain as the hl module it all depends on the amount of money you wanna spend 110 or 245 and a wheelie is very much respected by the rest of the riding crew specially with a big heavy 4x4 and you will gain the respect from the whole crew with this setup

Old 09-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Range Rover

i was just on highlifter's website looking at the dyno runs after running that module and it looks impressive. I just wanted to find out what other people with the icm thought about it, im looking for mods for my 650 but i really dont want to rejet it, i was also wondering if i can do that radiator hose instead of the plastic snorkel without rejetting.

Old 09-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

It will run like crap,if at all.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:58 AM
Trailblazer

If you open up the snorkel so it can breath, I noticed my fan running way too much. I have rejetted twice, seems to run alot cooler, & I think I'm going up a little more.

Quick Reply: Questions about Hilifter ICM Power Pak