Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

best tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best tires

If you want a tire that wears good go with the DD's,they last forever.Not a bad all around tire,the 589s are a better all around tire but won't last quite as long,they pull a lot better though.Just my opinion though.

Old 10-31-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default best tires

I ride alot of trails and dirt roads around here and the mud lites are very good i find there a great all round tire.
and your right about them wareing down but thats because the tire is so soft.
but that all depends on how much you spin them.
so far im very impressed with the mud lites but i've only used them in the summer not the winter, yet.
if they work as good as my gators did in the snow i'll be happy.
my honda will do 50 mph flat out and they handle great at that speed.
and on the trails or in the mud theres not much that can touch them eather.
i have bin trying 5 psi in the tires lately and it seems to handle better at speed but when your going slow its a bit rougher riding.
on the trails it dosent seem to matter if it has 2 psi or 5 psi in them.
so it all depends on if you go slow or fast.
on the side of the tire it says 7 psi max air press.
but i've also herd nothing but good things about the titan 589s also.
but i've only seen pics of them but they look impressive.

Old 10-31-2004, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default best tires

well i think this thread has conviinced me to buy gaters

i am running a 02 cat 500 act , close to what mudblaster had. I do a fair bit in the mud and swamp, pulling a boat & boat trailer with a couple of fat guys in it that is, and i am finding i need just a bit more than those stock dumlops.

that and i put a small slice in one of the front ones, just touching the cord, thats what really got me to think about acting on this

bh

Old 10-31-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best tires

the 589s are a better all around tire but won't last quite as long,
your telling me the dirt devils will last longer than 589's???

Old 10-31-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default best tires

Yes,the Dirt Devils wear like iron.The 589s wear good too but not as good as the DD's.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default best tires

Bearclaws are also a good all around tire, good in the snow, and wear really well. They're used a lot around here.

Old 10-31-2004, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default best tires

I had the same dilema, trying to pick out a set of tires. I ended up getting a set of Kenda Executioners. Great mud tire too. I was afraid they might be rough riding on hardpack, but they ride as smooth as my old stock tires. Best thing is they only cost me $209 out the door for a set of four. I stayed with my stock sizes too. So far, they've handled Texas rice fields with no problem.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default best tires

i have the 27 inch 589's on my 650 i have roughly 1300 miles i put on them this summer and i feel i made the right decision they may not be as good in the mud as some of your other tires like the mudzilla's and vampire's and so on but i do feel for an all around tire the 589's are one of the better one's to buy after 1300 miles these tires show absolutely no wear at all and i bought a pair of 589's last year had 1000 miles on them sold them to my dad he put them on his foreman and he put about 700 miles on them and they don't show any wear and i have taken my 589's against the mud lites in the mud and the 589's are better but i don't know how the mud lites wear you guys said they wear fast maybe they have a softer rubber then the 589's even though they are both itp????? but for all around tires you can't go wrong with the dirt devils 589's or mud lites just my 2 cents

Old 11-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default best tires

IMO I would stay away from the Gators if plowing snow is a major concern. I ran a set and they are a good tire but they dig, and they spin if they can't dig. This is why I run mud lites, they tend to girip the surface better when they can't dig. I refering to slimy hard pack trails and the pavement after a snow blade goes over it. ATR's seem to be better yet for this but because drawbacks in the mud I would look at the mud lites. The softer compound wears faster but grips better, just like a snow tire on a car.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Range Rover
Default best tires

not to mention the mudlites are alot cheaper than the dirt devils and alot lighter so that kinda offsets the fact that they wear alil quicker

Quick Reply: best tires