Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Whats in the box??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats in the box??

you forgot one thing in case of extreme emergency and you will be stuck out there for the night a bottle of snapps or something to drown your sorrows and keep ya warm till morning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (of corse not to drink while you are driving your atv of corse)

Old 11-29-2004, 02:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Actually the booze shuts down all the surface blood vessels and if it freezes you get frostbite faster. Leave the booze at home where it's warm.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

JimJa; I have spoken with she who must be obeyed and she recommends the Johnson & Johnson Industrial First Aid Kit. This thing comes in a metal box about 12X8X4" and has almost everything you will need. I would recommend finding a soft case to put the contents in. Add to the kit:

1) Kling Guaze wrap (makes great bandages when used with 4X4's)
2) extra individually pack 4X4 Bandages (about 20 ea)
3) extra Tape, the stickier the better
4) a Pocket Mask (for doing CPR, protects you and whoever you work on)
5) EMT shears (these thing will cut pennies in half and have large plastic handles. Available at most drug stores)
6) Liquid Bandage

Add these things to the first aid kit and the average person should be able to handle just about anything they could be expected to.

A First Aid course wouldn't hurt along with a CPR course, these two things would give you the added skills needed to save lives in a real emergency. Even though I don't do the EMT thing any more I keep my CPR and First Aid cards current(of course it helps when you live with an instructor). Either your local Fire Dept. or the Red Cross can hook you up with these courses.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

well actually one pull won't hurt and if you do bring with something with a higher alcahol content and need to make a fire it can assist you in that department

Old 11-30-2004, 01:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have one of those key chain fire starters kits that has a magnesium strip attached to a piece of easy to start burning wood. Not only more practical but smarter and one pull will affect you judgement regardless of what you believe.

Old 12-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

i don't believe in drinking and driving bear i thought this was for survival purposes and if the wood and grass are a lil damper sometimes you need a lil extra something to get it going thats all i was saying no need to get all well shall i say no need for you to be yourself

Old 12-01-2004, 03:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wee440; What I was trying to get across is that the booze doesn't help in the survival situation either. I did not mean to offend. And yes I can be a bit gruff sometimes but if you hurt as bad as I do in as many places you would get short sometimes too. Again no offense meant.

Old 12-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

np bear i guess a person can make a point of anything assisting you in a survival situation as well though to all i know is when i get in from snowmobiling and am done riding for the day just 1 hot drink can warm a person up from the inside but then again not many people are gonna go that far back in the brush to get into that much trouble well i guess we did once this summer but we managed to find our way out right before we ran out of gas and daylight i guess thats why i keep a cell phone and gps with me now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Weez440, I have always carried a GPS while riding and a radio too. Now I carry 2 units but both are GPS and a Radio combined, so I have back up now. Cellphones work sometimes and sometimes not even on top of mountains, so they can be a bit unreliable. I was trained by the military for survivial many, many years ago. I go prepared and very rarely does anything go wrong. But if it does I'm ready for it. This last sunday the wife and I rode back into the Olympic Mountains about 20 mile to have a fun little at an area with some old dirt piles left over from building logging roads that are fun to climb. The wife is getting ready to take a run at the second highest hill and the AC250 won't shift out of 2nd into 3rd. A quick look shows the shift lever arm has come off the shaft. The bolt is gone. Big trouble? Not really, looked in my spare nut and bolt box and install that suck and away we went. So if you are prepared and something does go wrong you still aren't in trouble. Oh yeah my new GPS's have a "Back Track" feature which takes you back the way you came. If nothing else works that will get you home.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

well we don't have mountains here which is bad but riding with a bunch of guys that work at polaris (won't go into it) i have found out to anything that can go wrong will go wrong and well i bought a brand new truck a couple months ago and i got a free garmin gps V i think it is and i have that backtrack feature to after i spend just a lil time with it and got to know how it works i mean even a simple lil thing like trying to figure out the distance from one strip through the woods to the bulldozing strip i used it cause we were gonna break a trail to find out the exact distance and where we should start at to make a straight line and you are 100 percent right about the cell phone but i know 1 thing is for sure the stuff i been through i know that my 650 will always make it home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] well been riding for so many years i can't remember how long and i have yet to be pulled home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]