Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

jet sizing for airbox mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jet sizing for airbox mod

My bike reads in kph so you will have to do the math.Before I put my VDI snorkle and jets in 98kph was as fast as I had her going,that was when she was fairly new(belt a little wider).After I opened up the intake and jetted yesterday I hit 103kph and she was still pulling when I chickened out and let off.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

because theres a lil thing called $$$$$$$ money and i like my own shiot better than the crap they make and sells , i'd rather make my own stuff than buy the same stuff for triple the price ! .............
but with age come alzheimers syndrom
oh yea and gray hair/forgetfullness..................

Old 12-26-2004, 01:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GaSwampDonkey
because theres a lil thing called $$$$$$$ money and i like my own shiot better than the crap they make and sells , i'd rather make my own stuff than buy the same stuff for triple the price ! .............

If you were half as smart as your mouth is big you would be way ahead of the game. But alas "You can't fix dumb!" and I see no way to fix your misguided theory of life.

Old 12-27-2004, 02:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Bear4570
Originally posted by: GaSwampDonkey

If you were half as smart as your mouth is big you would be way ahead of the game. But alas "You can't fix dumb!" and I see no way to fix your misguided theory of life.
hmmmm how do you figure this ??? because i'd rather make my own and know it'll work and last, than have some crap every old man .... woman and child gets fer there quad .....i sorry you'd rather spend $100 and have to wait days on your cv gaurds or skid plates to get there, all i gotta do is go to tractor supply pick up sum polished diamond plate aluminum (steels to heavy for this beast) and then step right outside into my shop and fire up the torch and mig welder and be done with a professionally done job in hours
as for the 400 being AC's best selling product i dunno because iam not from on the canadian border, AC's are not at all popular down here there for I have seen like... 3 that originate from here they maybe its a strong 4 wheeler, handles well

Old 12-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer

How do you cut aluminum with a torch, and weld it with a mig to get "professional results" ??
The only thing you will get is puddles of aluminum.

I'd say MAYBE with a TIG, or a spool gun, and plasma cutter, but not w/ torches and a mig...

Old 12-28-2004, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

yea, my neighbor haas the plasma cutter and we gotta tig/mig combo and a arc to but i dont need it for this , had my neighbor cut the designs out tonight tommorow iam gonna put um on the drill press then put some u bolts through them and put um on