Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Any info on the AC650H1 YET?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any info on the AC650H1 YET?

Originally posted by: weez440
hey catter you guys gotta seriously spend 1000 extra to get the cats shipped up to alaska? well for that money i am 50 miles from the arctic factory i will get a fifth wheel and super duty truck and haul 15 up there at one shot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] actually there are people that come here from montana and buy up truckloads of used polaris and arctic cat atv's and bring them back and make good money on them
Ya weez, the problem is there are no roads heading into our town, so everything has to be flown in - and that can be SPENDY!!!! A few months of the year a barge can get in, but that still ain't cheap. When we moved up here, it was $1500 just for our Powder Special from Minnesota.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

I hop this hole new motor don"t backfire on Arctic cat, they could get the bad rep like Polaris for breaking down all the time, I have to here polaris jokes every time I go riding with my honda buds I hope that that new motordont make Arctic cat jokes.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Nice moose catterman thats a once in a life time experence.l

Old 01-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

They still havent worked all the bugs out of the polaris 700 yet ethernut-I hope arctic cat dont have that problem

Old 01-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Markie, you probably right. The AC H1 motor will suck.

Ok, there I've admitted it. Now you can stop posting about it. :-)

But you do get the award for the biggest nay-sayer of the H1. Congratualtions! :-D

Old 01-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: markie
They still havent worked all the bugs out of the polaris 700 yet ethernut-I hope arctic cat dont have that problem

This last weekend my cop buddies Sportsman 700 lost power and we found the righthand plug wire off. Reinstalled it and it ran for about 30 minute and came off again and wouldn't stay on, pulled the plug and it looked dry and the color was ok. Headed back down the hill and 3 minutes later it stopped dead. Temp lite was flashing. I towed him back to the trailer. He still hasn't heard yet whats wrong, but I'm betting on expensive. Oh yeah, he doesn't believe in preventive maintenance. He has also let it sit since hunting ended in October. Other than this problem it has be trouble free for almost 600 miles.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: markie
Nice moose catterman thats a once in a life time experence.l
Thanks markie!

Old 01-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lil off the sub here but I dont really know "exactly what you guys do with your Sportsmans.. "Somehow" they gained a rep for unreliability. But I've had my '04 700 for a year and it has had absolutely no problems.. I had a '04 Sportsman 500 Mossy Oak before that and it also had no problems. I ride mine in as much mud and water as possible, and they hold up better than my buds Grizzly's and Foremans. So I am confused why your "polaris" quads mess up.

2004 Polaris Sportsman 700
too many mods

God Bless

Old 01-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

I like my 700,exept for the ebs it sucks other than that its the most confortable atv ive ever ridden.As for your 700 not breaking down the only problem ive had was my water pump and polaris had a recall and fixed it.As for the Honda Foreman its very rare to here of them breaking I loved the one I had but my back couldent handle the ruff ride.I like my ac 400 too,I wish I was rich so I could have one of each brand of atv [hey ethernut I like the ac motor so much the way it is,if its not broken why mess with it-sorry to **** you off]

Old 01-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Range Rover

Guys I have a theroy on the H1 delay...they said they were using an improved duramatic tranny (the duramatic is 100% Suzuki made). The KQ has the latest tranny from Suzuki...it is said to have the wider belt and better cooling ...but same design as the vinson(which is the AC500 tranny). Any of this sound the same to you? Both companys are talking about the same upgrades to the tranny and both compare it to the 500 tranny...
The H1 is most likley using the KQ tranny...i e reverse failure!

Early articles had AC saying that the engine (top end) was their design but that the case and tranny were a new improved duramatic from Suzuki!

The delay is probably an attempt to redo some of the benchmarks in reverse to be sure it holds up, much like Suzuki has had to do on the recent "recall" of the KQ tranny!
This would explain the wait, AC does not want the new quad to come off the lot and have a bad tranny reputation on thier first new machine! By waiting they can do a re-map of reverse and the override function to keep the gear from overheating...just like Suzuki!

I could be wrong..but looks like it to me!

Quick Reply: Any info on the AC650H1 YET?