Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat not very Helpful

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arctic Cat not very Helpful

Recently had a problem with my heated grips see: posting "heated grips burned up" Called AC - (hard to get ahold of, dealer gave me ph # to contact them) I was informed by the lady at AC that since I had installed them myself that there was no warrenty. If my dealer had installed them they would have been warrentied for 30 days. I told her that wasnt explained in the instructions. She informed me that it is explained in my owners manual, (like im going to look there before installing anything on my atv) The reason I bought these heated grips, and not after market ones is that i thought i was buying quality!! Im not sure how much the dealer charges to install a set of these but im sure its not cheap. (if someone had them put on let me know what it cost) I am very disapointed in the attitude i got from AC, her solution was buy another set. My dealer is trying to lobby cat to see what he can do for me. I really liked them while they where on but , not really willing to go through the work , plus spending 69.95 for something thats not going to last!! Has anybody had any luck getting cat to help them with there problems???

Old 01-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you install it anymore, generally you better hope you don't have a problem cause it's all yours. About reading your owners manual. The is a ton of important information for the owner in there and if you did not read it, then you are at fault for anything you missed. It's called and "OWNER MANUAL" because it let's you know what you need to know as an owner. I read mine cover to cover, except for all the safety crud. I had that part about 6 times over before. But I learned all about my digital display operation and service interval, etc.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The owners manual is pretty much crap for anything other than fluid capacities, possibly a wiring diagram, and the spark plug gap. Other than that, there really isn't a lot of help in it. And definitely no subjects portaining to heated grip installation.

I'm sure the guy got a lot of insight from you responding to tell him he was at fault. Had nothing to do with asking if anyone has got AC to help with problems.

Old 01-11-2005, 04:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

In this day and age with the way the lawyers and law makers have screwed the way things work. If you buy an item and install it yourself. Then the damn thing goes bad, to get the manufacture to replace it YOU must prove that the item was defective and your install didn't cause it. So that's they way life is, it sucks alot anymore because nobody will be at fault so the end user looses. It's a fact of life and everyone better learn to live with it, Thank you liberals of the world.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer

I find that they are helpful when they feel the issue is thier responsibility. However if they do not feel the issue is thiers then you are left cold. I am over all happy with Arctic Cat but see why you feel slighted.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Range Rover

I'm not surprised about the response from A/C. I have had issues with another of my a/c products and they don't really seem very willing to help. See what your dealer can do, they might have better luck. I had my dealer clear some things up for me in the past.

It seems like it shouldn't matter that you, a dealer, or a bum on the street installs them. There should be a product warranty that warrants the product to be free of manufacturer defects, no matter who installs them, PERIOD. I think you should throw out the BS flag on this one.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lownrangr
I'm not surprised about the response from A/C. I have had issues with another of my a/c products and they don't really seem very willing to help. See what your dealer can do, they might have better luck. I had my dealer clear some things up for me in the past.

It seems like it shouldn't matter that you, a dealer, or a bum on the street installs them. There should be a product warranty that warrants the product to be free of manufacturer defects, no matter who installs them, PERIOD. I think you should throw out the BS flag on this one.

Ok, fine you have your warranty to be free of factory defect. Ok it just quit working. Now prove that it is a factory defect and not your install that caused the problem. That's what they are waiting for. If the factory trained guy installed the item then they assume it was done right. You on the other hand they know nothing about and will beleive you when you produce something that proves you have some training on installing their product on their quads. Aint gonna happen, Hell, just prove to me that the problem is the product and not the install.

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

yeah, I know. Manufacturers will do anything to cover their butt. I think they'll go as far as to say "sorry, their's nothing we can do" just so they won't have to eat the cost of a new item and make the customer happy. You're exactally right, ain't gonna happen. Where has "the customer is always right" gone!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lownrangr
Where has "the customer is always right" gone!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thank political correctness and lawyers.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

In this day and age with the way the lawyers and law makers have screwed the way things work. If you buy an item and install it yourself. Then the damn thing goes bad, to get the manufacture to replace it YOU must prove that the item was defective and your install didn't cause it. So that's they way life is, it sucks alot anymore because nobody will be at fault so the end user looses. It's a fact of life and everyone better learn to live with it, Thank you liberals of the world.

-------------------------
Bear 45/70

Bear , I see you did read some of my previous posts.....

Quick Reply: Arctic Cat not very Helpful