Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Annoying problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying problems

i pop in here from time to time,and i have notice that there seems to be alot of threads on problems with the cats,or is it my imagination?

Old 01-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bubs
i pop in here from time to time,and i have notice that there seems to be alot of threads on problems with the cats,or is it my imagination?

It's all in your head. They are no worse than anybody else quadcycles and sometimes better.

Old 01-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with Bear. And, since this is the Arctic Cat portion of the forum, complaints here will most likely be centered around Arctic Cats...

I'll bet if you go to the Honda section, there won't be as many Cat complaints there.

Old 01-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

Actually If the numbers are correct the Arctic Cat forum has the least number of postings than any of the other brands besides Cannondale and the Kids Quads forums.

Plus, if you look around in the other forums each has its own, quirks, I guess you could call them.

I personaly don't see nany one brand as better than the other. I see them as those that get stuck (and they all do) and those that don't.

SJ

Old 01-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Bubs
The thing is we like to keep our bike's working great so we share idea's to keep them running A1. That is what the forum's are here for and it can save you money by not running to the dealer for simple little thing's

Old 01-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

alot of the problems that people complained about in here were with the 650 with the KAWI tranny and clutch system (sorry guys i still don't like this system at all) but the arctic clutch and tranny is the best in the industry and of corse people have the occasional electrical problem where the wire rubs through and grounds out or they snap an occasional axle every brand has there quirks as said above but i have noticed one brand that is wayyyy higher maintanence then arctic cat but i am not gonna say it's name lol for the sake of the people on that forum coming after me with pitch forks and fire [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but i have had very little problems with my cat atv's and 90 percent of them were self inflicted

Old 01-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Range Rover

sorry fellas,didnt mean the cats where not any good i have been toying with the idea of getting one,i was just curious,what kind of top end can you get out of the new 500s,anyone race any other brand to see the difference?

Old 01-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Lets face it...its the nature of forums. Whos gonna post...hey I got no problems! 95% of the people have no problems and have no need for posting anything, its just when you have a problem, and youre stumped or you want a free opinion, that you turn to the forum. Check out the polaris forum, and of course the reply will be , there are more polaris sold and owned and used, than any other brand, so it stands to reason, there will be more problems.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

dang honda you guessed the brand [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but thanx to these great people in here i fixed my limp mode problem and my clutching problem on my 650 and i would like to think that maybe i have helped out one or two people in here heck i sold my highlifter module to a guy on here and i was happy to sell it and he was happy to buy it. this is a great forum

Old 01-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

For the first time since hanging out on this forum, I decided to check out some of the other brand's forums (like Honda, Polaris, etc). Well guess what... They're bitching about their quads too. You could do a "find & replace" putting AC in place of whatever brand's forum you're in and end up with almost the identical topics. I think we're all on an even playing field when it comes to complaining.

Hondabuster is right. How many topics are about what a great machine you have and how it's 100% problem free? Uh, none. It's like newspapers. "Good" news doesn't sell papers.

Quick Reply: Annoying problems