Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

gettin mine sat pls comment ac 500 trv

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gettin mine sat pls comment ac 500 trv

I sell mini-bikes out of the front yard over the summer. 70% of the people attempt every possible scenerio to get the price down and get the most accessories and then want extended warranties. I feel like I would be better off just handing some of them $100 and telling them to go away. It would be more profitable. I pay $XX dollars for the bike, shipping etc. I assemble it and then I spend money on signs and displays and information cards and then I lower my price, wash the bike, and I sometimes deliver. To a friend of a friend I sold a bike at the cost of the bike and shipping to get it to me and after I delivered it to their house they called an hour later and asked if I would throw in a helmet and googles - as another dealer said he always included that "free" in HIS out the door price. ($400 higher than mine) Go figure.

But then theres my cousin - who will stop at nothing short of a gross misdomeaner to save a buck, get a refund, forge a coupon, return it a year later with a forged reciept now within 30 days, argue that he didnt get the "full deal", lie outragously about a competetive offer, return something he bought for less somewhere else, change price tags or quickly leave the property if the clerk made an error in his favor. And..... he usually pulls it off. Some would be jealous - others would be embarrassed.

You decide for yourself. But I have to beleive that with two homes in NY - your not hurting for the price of a winch after youve made your deal.

There is a guy who buys 1/2 and full square mile parcells of land for investment. Upwards of a million bucks a shot. He hires me to fly him around for barely the cost of the fuel to see the property from the air. Geeeesh....

Old 02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

whodat
Whats your thoughts on what bear said in offer expires on winches in March?
1st

Old 02-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

The popular vote is that the deal is done. I don't know the Arctic Cat dealer promotion specifics so its impossible for me to tell if your dealer is being honest with you or a crook. You could call Arctic Cat and ask them.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

Whodat how the heck are you?
Well anyway I did try to persue the winch I mean wench with AC and they have a 2 day waiting period for a response. I'm hoping it's not allot of people calling with AC problems. Anyway I'm a little fuzzy on what the reverse override is meant to do. Seeing you have two maybe you can explain it's purpose?
thanx
1st

Old 03-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

The normal reverse function alters the normal ignition timing to prevent the engine from running at full rpm. This limits your speed so that you cannot get in trouble with too much speed in reverse. If you push the override button it will allow the engine to run at whatever speed you want to. Try running in reverse at full throttle without the button pressed. It will not go very fast. Then push the button while you are giving it a bit of throttle and see the difference. Be careful though because it will make a significant difference.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: m74me
The normal reverse function alters the normal ignition timing to prevent the engine from running at full rpm. This limits your speed so that you cannot get in trouble with too much speed in reverse. If you push the override button it will allow the engine to run at whatever speed you want to. Try running in reverse at full throttle without the button pressed. It will not go very fast. Then push the button while you are giving it a bit of throttle and see the difference. Be careful though because it will make a significant difference.
what he said...

beat to the punch .... again...

Old 03-03-2005, 03:55 AM
Pro Rider

I would deffinitely agree that you need to be careful with that button when going in reverse. It makes a big difference and can make the machine difficult to control in reverse.

I have hit some friends machines using it to back out of a mud hole when I first got my TRV. Once you know to expect it and how it feels its not a problem.

It also comes in very handy if you like to back your machine up onto your trailer, you are plowing, or you have to back up with a loaded trailer attached to your TRV.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks to all

Old 03-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Trailblazer

whodat
Going back upstate Sat to do some more atving with the wife. She really loves this thing and I've decided to sell my honda Valkyrie to buy another with a trailer and a wench. I think I'll have to wait for the HSRDATVFMS as to I do not have the funds right now but first chance I get. If you had your choice of any large quad with substantial rack systems to get you deep in the woods for a night or two of camping would it be an AC?
The (dare I say on this site) Kawi is pretty intersting.
Hope to hear from Bear too but I know he"ll say AC!!

Old 03-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1st1at50
If you had your choice of any large quad with substantial rack systems to get you deep in the woods for a night or two of camping would it be an AC?
The (dare I say on this site) Kawi is pretty intersting.
Hope to hear from Bear too but I know he"ll say AC!!
When I'm in the mountains and grizzly bear territory, 8 hours by quad or maybe 16 by foot to the nearest road and then 20 miles more to a land phone - I take the Arctic Cat. The MRP rackage is the best of the best. Nobody comes even close for rack options. If all you need is a single rider quad - look at the TBX as that box can carry a huge amount of equipment without putting to much weight behind the rear axle which sets you up for a back flip. I don't like the Kawi for just that reason - look at where the rack is - 100% behind the axle. And - the throttle response on the Kawi's I've riden are too aggresive for the more techical riding that we do. I need more than idle and go-like-hell throttle reponse.

Bear goes to the blood mobile to get the AC out of his system.....lol

I think I saw a HSRDATVFMS on Ebay used only once for about half price.

Quick Reply: gettin mine sat pls comment ac 500 trv