Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Rear MRP Rack for TRV

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear MRP Rack for TRV

This is my first post to the forum. I have gained much info from reading the forums and felt I had to join to get the full benefit. I am inquiring about information on Whodat's Rear MRP rack on his TRV. Has anyone else made one like his? Whodat are you still offering to do the build like you offered to the other poster that purchased a TRV? I would be willing to let you build one for me if you are still doing that or maybe even if you could send me your plans I could have a welder make one for me. Please let me know and if you want you can PM me. Also, where did you get that shovel/axe rack-real slick! Thanks and this is just a great site for info on Arctic Cats! Especially for somebody who lives in the boondocks of South Texas (60 miles East of Laredo)! I purchased my TRV from a dealer in Houston - 300 miles away from me!
Has anyone got a recommendation for a different muffler for the TRV? I'm looking for the quietest possible muffler without having a decrease in power. I do alot of hunting and try to be as quiet as possible. Another question-sorry I have so many! Anyone found or made skid plates/CV protectors for their TRV? Any aftermarket info or plans would be appreciated.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I don't have any real plans or drawings for the rear TRV rack. I cut the tubes and made a jig that the welder uses to tack it together. I do have one all welded up and painted if your interested in it. I made it for a friend who now wants it done differently. Typical. He wants to add a rear winch plate to the bottom of it. Now we need to order another standard weldment to start with. Maybe you could send yours??? I'd take $60 off the price of the MRP rackage if you send the stock one.

Although if you have access to someone with a wire feed they are not all that difficult to make. I drew mine out on a piece of plywood and made that into the jig.

The rear shovel and axe are from Menards Lawn and Garden. They are clamped into the standard MRP tool holder which is pluged into the MRP "half rack" I made for the rear.

Another BIG improvement for the TRV is to put the 500i heavy duty springs on it from HighLifter.com Those make a heck of a difference when you start adding equipment like we have. We also use cheap motorcyclen "cruiser" windshields that do not go as far wide as the hand grips. This lets you use the front box with the MRP quick connect without interfering with steering as the standard wide-body ATV windshield does.

Look at the "Stealth Muffler" kit for ATV"s . I've had guys drive up behind me and did not even hear them coming.

oh - and welcome to the forum!

Old 03-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply Whodat and all your advise! I think I'll take you up on the offer for sending in my rear rack and taking the one you made for your buddy. What MRP accessories are you using on the back other than the tool rack for the shovel/axe holder? More specifically, the rear box that you have, what MRP plug-in do you use to attach that? I really like that box you have on there and want to do the same thing so that I can free the front rack up. I currently don't have any MRP accesories yet but am a probably going to be getting quite a few now after looking at your pictures!
I'm wondering if the rack you made can use the Kolpin gun scabbard? That's the other accesory that I really want to have on there. Right now I just have a two gun fork holder mounted on the front rack and I can't really use the front rack unless I take that gun holder off. Kind of a hassle right now. Need something that is safer for my guns and easier to use.
I'm probably going to get those springs from Hi Lifter, sounds like they are really the thing to do and help with the ride quality.
Have you or anyone else added any skid plates to their TRV? Hi Lifter has some for the 500 and I guess they would fit but they are just for the very front end of the bike. I'm wanting to replace the bottom plastic with something beefier. And also replace the plastic CV covers.

Thanks very much for your reply. Email me if you want so we can set up the particulars on the rear rack purchase/swap out.
pitman77@gmail.com

Old 03-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PITMAN77
Thanks for the reply Whodat and all your advise! I think I'll take you up on the offer for sending in my rear rack and taking the one you made for your buddy. What MRP accessories are you using on the back other than the tool rack for the shovel/axe holder? More specifically, the rear box that you have, what MRP plug-in do you use to attach that? I really like that box you have on there and want to do the same thing so that I can free the front rack up. I currently don't have any MRP accesories yet but am a probably going to be getting quite a few now after looking at your pictures!
I'm wondering if the rack you made can use the Kolpin gun scabbard? That's the other accesory that I really want to have on there. Right now I just have a two gun fork holder mounted on the front rack and I can't really use the front rack unless I take that gun holder off. Kind of a hassle right now. Need something that is safer for my guns and easier to use.
I'm probably going to get those springs from Hi Lifter, sounds like they are really the thing to do and help with the ride quality.
Have you or anyone else added any skid plates to their TRV? Hi Lifter has some for the 500 and I guess they would fit but they are just for the very front end of the bike. I'm wanting to replace the bottom plastic with something beefier. And also replace the plastic CV covers.

Thanks very much for your reply. Email me if you want so we can set up the particulars on the rear rack purchase/swap out.
pitman77@gmail.com
Lets see...
The back box is sitting on the MRP weldment and the tool holder itself. I used a 2x4 for a quick fix a long time ago (about 600 miles) to level the box out and its worked perfectly so I havn't bothered to fix something that isnt broke. I can send more pictures. The box was orginaly from Polaris but a heat gun and 5 minutes took that lettering off and made it generic. Kolpin makes a simular box. And don't disgard Kolpin as cheap for I know people using them for 2 years without a single issue. My rifle scabbard attaches to the flat MRP "tool" plate - I think i Have pictures of it somewhere also.

I've been throught the rockies riding for two weeks and never had a problem with that factory skid plate. I was concerned at first with it but with 800 of terrible technical rock terrain it has yet to fail. The CV covers have been fine. A friend installed steel mouse CV plates and got one all screwed up from a piece of rebar and it went into the tire. Not good. IF the plastic had failed, the CV Boot would have been cheaper.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Old 03-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am very much interestes in the rear MRP rack for the TRV. I believe that is one of the only drawbacks of the TRV. I truly love that machine and would like to expand the capabilities of it. Whodat could you send pictures of the Rear MRP Rack for TRV, I would truly appreciate it. I can't believe Artic Cat didn't come up with something. Do you still make them and if so how much $. This is my first day on ATV connection and was in awe when I saw the Title "Rear MRP Rack for TRV". I have been looking for something like this for a very long time. Thankyou to you also Pittman for asking about it, if not for you, I wouldn't think it was ever possible and to Whodat for making it a reality.

Thanks to you both
mikeyman

Old 03-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Mikeyman! Welcome to the forum! I am a very new member here as well but have gained alot of info from reading all the archives. This is a great resource! Whodatindamud and many other members are very helpful and very knowledgeable. If you click on the camera under Whodat's name you will be taken to his profile and he has some great pictures of his rack that he made for his TRV.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Whodat no need to send pictures, as I have found them and I am very impressed with the side by side and the behind the seat racks, now I got to have one! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks again
mikeyman

Old 03-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Mike,
Been searching for 4 months now and still haven't even come close to what whoindamud came up with. I'm not a welder, so hoping he want's another job. I just ordered Koplins accessory plates (NEW $29.95). I'm going to see if they will attach to the rear and than add a full rear rack. I'll keep you posted - New to the forum too (this week).

Old 04-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I just received the rear rack that whodat made for me and it is simply OUTSTANDING. I couldn't be happier with it. Why AC has not figured this one out, I dont know. It is as solid as the other mrp racks and looks as if it was meant to be their. Sorry Whodat, for putting some future pressure on you, but you got a good thing going and one deseves the credit when it is due. Whodat has gone to ebay where you can see it at "TRV MRP". Once again I thankyou for the rear rack it is "THE BOMB".

Quick Reply: Rear MRP Rack for TRV