Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

05 V2650 is 3week off the showroom floor

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005 | 09:59 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default 05 V2650 is 3week off the showroom floor

It’s going back for the 4th time. Overheating issues.

The fan was not kicking in. as long as I going 15mph + it get enough airflow
But in low going <10 mph high temp light comes on

· 1st trip to the dealer they said the wire was in the incorrect location causing it to pull apart.

· Get home go 5 miles high temp light fan not running.

· 2nd trip Dealer said they need to replace the complete fan assembly.

· Get home same 5miles high temp light same place.

· 3rd trip the dealer installs a toggle switch on the side (where the gas tank would be for a motorcycle). This is hot-wired I am instructed to just flip the switch when I in low.

· So I am not a happy camper but I need the wheeler for the weekend you know the story.

When you think about it’s sad I laid down over 8K and the dealer drilled a hole and stuck a .50-cent switch to override the most advanced ATV on the Market (AC Words)
Get to the trailhead with the boys start some playing overheating and the fan still does not work. They can’t even hot a 12V fan.

I called AC took all day to get somebody. Seems their phone was on do not answer from Good Friday. The person in customer was not pleased I got through to a SR. VP (got his direct number from his wife at his home) AC is going to call the dealer

Besides that Ms. Lincoln how was the play?

Shonk :BANGHEAD.gif:

Old 03-31-2005 | 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

First thing you paid to much, I mean 8k, my dealer is only charging 6,400 for the 05. Second the fan runs off the signal from the temp sensor; I think I would tell the dealer to start from there then work my way back. I am not great with atv but I do know alot about auto electrical and those electric fans run under the principle. If the temp sensor has air trapped around it it will send a false signal telling the brain its ok or not ok. Either way tell them to go back to the bagining and try again. Also how did they hard wire the toggle switch? Do they know you have to have a constant power source to the switch? If I were you check to see how exactly they did wire the switch in place. If you want to jumper the switch into your 12v outlet and see if that will get the fan to turn on. Good Luck

Old 03-31-2005 | 06:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: derailer
First thing you paid to much, I mean 8k, my dealer is only charging 6,400 for the 05. Second the fan runs off the signal from the temp sensor; I think I would tell the dealer to start from there then work my way back. I am not great with atv but I do know alot about auto electrical and those electric fans run under the principle. If the temp sensor has air trapped around it it will send a false signal telling the brain its ok or not ok. Either way tell them to go back to the bagining and try again. Also how did they hard wire the toggle switch? Do they know you have to have a constant power source to the switch? If I were you check to see how exactly they did wire the switch in place. If you want to jumper the switch into your 12v outlet and see if that will get the fan to turn on. Good Luck

No brain on this system. Battery to temp switch, to fan, from fan to ground. Stupid simple and very easy to troubleshoot. To test, let engine idle until temp comes up, fan runs or doesn't. Bypass temp switch fan runs all the time or it doesn't. If doesn't fan bad or wiring problem. Jumper 12 volts and ground to fan plug, fan runs, it's wires. Fan no run, fan bad. There are only 4 items in the system if you count the fan fuse as 1, temp. switch as 2, fan as 3 and wiring as 4. This isn't even algebra, it's 2+2=4 stuff.

Old 03-31-2005 | 11:26 PM
|
Pro Rider

"First thing you paid to much, I mean 8k, my dealer is only charging 6,400 for the 05. Second the fan runs off the signal from the temp sensor; I think I would tell the dealer to start from there then work my way back. I am not great with atv but I do know alot about auto electrical and those electric fans run under the principle. If the temp sensor has air trapped around it it will send a false signal telling the brain its ok or not ok. Either way tell them to go back to the bagining and try again. Also how did they hard wire the toggle switch? Do they know you have to have a constant power source to the switch? If I were you check to see how exactly they did wire the switch in place. If you want to jumper the switch into your 12v outlet and see if that will get the fan to turn on. Good Luck"

Dude

I will buy every new 2005 V2 650LE you can deliver for $ 6,400.00 out the door cash. I‘ll even give you a $ 250.00 taste. I’m passed the stage of telling the dealer anything. When a business lies makes unauthorized modifications takes the machine out of warranty etc. my council is doing the taking.
Shonk

Ps Don’t forget you dealers name and location

Old 04-01-2005 | 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

omg lmao i am sorry for laughing but them guys at that dealership sound like a bunch of fricken idiots. like previously said there is only a few things it could be and it isn't that hard to check them. it still amazes me as to where they find these boneheads thats why i like to do everything myself then i know it is done right. the thing that really gets me is alot of these dealerships you go to they think they know everything and treat you like you are someone who doesn't know anything and they try to belittle you. 2 examples polaris dealership D&E IN ROSEAU MINNESOTA, AND ARCTIC CAT DEALERSHIP RV SPORTS IN THIEF RIVER FALLS MINNESOTA i could tell ya some funny stories bout going into them places.

Old 04-01-2005 | 02:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I like to set them up. When they feed me a line or try to screw me on parts of price, I drop the knowledge hammer on them. If you have done your homework, they don't know more than you. From then on I get respect and they treat me right cause they know I know the difference.

Old 04-01-2005 | 11:26 AM
|
Pro Rider

I can deal with idiots. This is not rocket science. They are getting set up. Unfortunately for them it’s not their flunky at the counter. I’m not in the practice of earning respect from liars and swindlers. What has been done to me is business fraud. This will be corrected to my satisfaction.

Shonk

Old 04-02-2005 | 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

thats what i do bear i went with my sisters bf at the polaris dealership in fargo and they were completely retarded in there and i laid the smack down on them with knowledge and they went from arrogant to yes sir in a heartbeat and same around here. needless to say when i was in D&E the polaris dealership in roseau and we waited for 45 minutes at the counter before we got served my buddy looked at me and said the reason we aren't getting served is cause you are wearing an arctic cat coat. well he was buying a winch for his polaris who in the hell cares what jacket i am wearing so after that when i have had to go in there i get my stuff together and when they try to give me this bogus stuff i lay it out the way it is to them.

Old 04-02-2005 | 09:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

you are a long way from hick country New York but the dealer you are looking for is whitehall arctic cat. They are selling them from 6400 to 6900. They are a good group of guys to deal with.

Old 04-02-2005 | 09:18 AM
|
Pro Rider

I get it with knowledge there’s power over the dip-$hit cross the counter. I’ll try it at MacDonnell’s I do my homework, so they won’t know more than me. Then I’ll get respect and they treat me right cause they know I know the difference. I’ll also try the technique with my employees.

I not only like it I love liking it!!

Shonk

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 05 V2650 is 3week off the showroom floor