Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

dynatek or vdi cdi box????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynatek or vdi cdi box????

hay wires can yuo give me a web site to find a VDI .and i have to ask why would yuo want to on & off the thing? hmmmmmmmmm things to ponder or not.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

when i bought my 650 i got that lil reset key for free with it last year. the dealer really didn't know what the hell it was for but i found out after about 50 miles. i am kinda thinking my winch might have had something to do with mine always going into limp mode it ws just annoying and i had to do something about it. happy to say i got so good at using that lil reset key that i could do it in under 40 seconds lol.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

I PM'd you the link.

Some guys like to have in enabled (for the wife for example), and off for them. Either way, it's easy to configure, and it doesn't latch in forever (only when the switch is tripped).

Old 04-08-2005, 11:29 AM
BMP
Weekend Warrior

Do you guys know the website for VDI?

Old 04-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

I PM'd you the link. If you'd like to post in this thread, that would be fine, I'll get my hands slapped for doing it (since I work for them).

Old 04-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

i just got and installed my dynatek cdi dox today. rode it for about 2 minutes and took it to the barn. you could tell a diff but you could also tell it was staving for air. i have already orderd snorkel from vdi and jets from carb wharehouse. should be here tomorrow when i get installed i will be able to tell more about the cdi box.

also thinkig about alum rims anyonr know a CHEAP place???????????

Old 04-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

go with steel big blue it is worth the couple extra pounds. and dang mine didn't starve for air at all my driveway is almost 150 yards long so it makes a good lil speedrun. without the dynatek cdi i got 48 mph out of it with the 27 inch tires on it with the dynatek cdi i got 51 to 52 mph out of it and i can tell by the sound of the motor that she is finely tuned that there is no need for jetting and well it runs the way i want it to run to basically kick the crap out of anything out there.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

mine is pretty obvios that it is starving for air. when i orderd my dynatek i orderd it over the phone from them and spoke in lenth with a tek guy. based his info about the box and a few other sources i think the snorkel and jets are the way to go. plus only about 50$ total for all that. snice i ahve already spent so much on the springs and cdi this is a bargin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Range Rover

im also thinking about all the different modules, but i dont have the money to go for the dynatek unit. I like the vdi one with the on/off switch. prob gonna go with the vdi module and the airbox mod from them.

p.s. hey wires, i saw that u have the 26" Dirt Devils, i was thinking about getting them for my 400. how do you like them?

Old 04-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

i dont understand why your only got 52 mph . just had mine up to 70 .and should have done better but ran out of road. did you have it in low?or could it be them bigger tires? i do belive i should get 73 or 75 if i have more room to run

Quick Reply: dynatek or vdi cdi box????