Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2005 Arctic Cat design flaws

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Arctic Cat design flaws

Mudblaster

You, your buddy and kawasaki (not if it's in a AC) is flawed

SHonk

Old 04-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

i thought this post was about 05 AC ISSUES

i have had 2 quads, 02 500 ac and the one i have now. in am very brand loyal and would by another ac in a hart beat. seems to me those design flaws are smallish. there are one or two things i don't like about mine, for one the JUNKEY hinges on the storge compartment where the tank normelly is, the are very flimsey and warp when my engine is hot but the 05 design looks like it is better. i bet honda and suzukie and kaw and yam and that p word quad all have simaler issues. but cat rules and thats just the way it is.

see all my mods listed below? i now hang on for dear life. i fear know mud hole. i have power to spare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thinking about entering the BAJA 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no joke!!!! this thing will flat git down on it!!!!!!!!!

remember, life is all about the " CAT "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Theshonk
Nats
[{I see a lot of negative feedback from you about the damn AC company]}

And your point is? I’m sure AC marketing or yourself can spin the negative into a positive. Unfortunately that will not improve their process and nor help them stay completive in this global economy

No I have not sold my 2005 V2 650 nor do I plan to.

[{in my experience]}

I thought you just got out of High School

[{ if a person is that disgruntled with a product they learn from thier lesson and move on...just a thought}]

Move on to where la la land ?

.[{maybe a new machine from another brand would give you a sense of relief.]}

Perhaps Not my relief comes from your adolescent replys

Shonk

your an azz. High School? not sure where you pulled that from? The rest is a simple statement to you about your posted feelings toward AC. Never tried to spin it in any direction just offering some advise...now moving on to a new brand is what I wrote...you sure you took your medicine today? I am not like bear or some of the others who play patty cake with you...I offered sound advise to a fellow member and will not address your BS responses to simple yet informative posts.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've been coming to this site every now & then looking & reading. However everyone on this site is very nasty & negitive and there is no really useful info here. I have 2 04 650's I like them 1 is in the shop right now 4x4 actuator went bad (was not sealed properly from factory) & choke cable broke. this is my fault right? maybe i should get some duct tape & fix it. BIke is 8 months old should not have happend. So in short when someone states their opinion let them rant everyones has there own opinon. I will not be coming back to this site again I know you guys can care less but these are just my thoughts.

P.s. bear you are a crochity old man who talks nothing but crap!!!!!!

Shonk I was very suprised with your reply to this post.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: finadic
I've been coming to this site every now & then looking & reading. However everyone on this site is very nasty & negitive and there is no really useful info here. I have 2 04 650's I like them 1 is in the shop right now 4x4 actuator went bad (was not sealed properly from factory) & choke cable broke. this is my fault right? maybe i should get some duct tape & fix it. BIke is 8 months old should not have happend. So in short when someone states their opinion let them rant everyones has there own opinon. I will not be coming back to this site again I know you guys can care less but these are just my thoughts.

I do not completely disagree with your statement. However I do think the few like Shonk who state an opinion and then flame anyone who disagree's ruin the over-all flavor of an info minded site.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: finadic

P.s. bear you are a crochity old man who talks nothing but crap!!!!!!

Shonk I was very suprised with your reply to this post.
For a piece of mass produced equipment to have a problem is not unknown. However, Theshonk can't get past that his new toy had a problem and the dealer screwed the pooch and him. Now all he does is whine about it and it has gotten old. I had the Hi/Low/Rev shift linkage come loose on my 2005 400 on the third ride, on a mountain, in the snow at 4500 feet. Did a temporary fix up on the mountain the took it to the dealer I had research as a good one (best in the state in my opinion) and they fixed it while I waited. But I had done my homework and knew I had a good dealer and not the closest one to me either. So you have now been advised that you aren't alone in having a problem, but to continue to whine about it , no. I am "crochity old man who talks nothing but crap!!!!!!" caused by people who won't accept responsibility for their own actions and loud mouth punks who make statements about which they know nothing(That's you by the way, I'm sure you are not bright enough to figure it out on your own).

Old 04-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

the only people that like them( 05 cats body )and think nothing is wrong with them are the ones that dont ride very often or hard for that matter.
my buddys 05 650 cats headlight broke from vibration.
we were riding down this trail and when we stoped for a brake i told him his headlight was hanging down so now its held in with a bungy cord.
the cheep plastic clips that hold it in place broke right off.
we will see in time how the new bodys will hold up.
as for bush riding in BC Canada the cats dont rule around here.
ALSO
i owned a 03 500 manual cat for 15 months and it was in the shop for repares for 5 of them.
i loved the gc and the ride and i liked the body style better then the new style.
but it wasent very dependeble.
i was always worred somthing would brake every time i took it out.
and the last time it broke i traded it on a honda.
and i have over 2000 miles on it with out 1 single problem.
and i have 1200 miles on my kawi and not a single problem.
and i would have more miles on the honda but i got the kawi in january so i havent road it much since then.
AC has alot of little things that need to be fixed and when they fix them im sure it will be a great quad.
but i dont think i will ever buy one again.
i dont like the IRS i road mine and was happy with it untill i saw three quads go up this hill without a problem and then i tryed and at the top it pulled the front end to the left and rolled down the same hill.
i went down and tryed again and almost rolled it again but i made it with out filpping.
bearly.
and i had it happen to me at least 2 more times befor i traded it.
and i have seen my buddys do the same thing.

ac is looseing there loyal followers because they cant build a quad that lasts without braking.
ill bet theres not one cat out the with over 2000 miles on it without a single problem.
im talking from 03 till now.
the older cats with sra seem to be holding up fine but the new ones seem to be full of problems.
i think cat needs to beef up there quads a bit and get rid of all the cheep plastic brackets and parts that
save them money but cost us to fix.
this is just my opinion and if you dont agree thays your choice.

Old 04-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

mudblaster, I feel about Honda the way you feel about Arctic Cat.

The only thing you said that I have a problem with is the statement about AC losing it's followers. Maybe they are, maybe there not. I can't say for sure, but I see more & more folks from around my little part of the world converting from Honda to AC. Over the years, I've owned 4 Honda's, and I'll probably never buy another one. The fact is that Honda built a reputation for dependability with the 300's. Since they quit making that bike, and started making all the sideways engines, their quality has gone in the toilet. I know you have a Rubicon with alot of trouble free miles, as I also have, but I've taken a few of these engines apart for rebuilds, and one transmission, and that's why I'll never own another one of these cheap made motors. The engineers that design these engines for Honda must be on drugs. You have to completely rebuild the engine to replace the transmission in a Rubicon, and the transmission alone is a non-servicable unit that runs about $1200. The cranks are soft and wear easily, and If it start's smoking, it requires a complete engine rebuild, instead of just the top end.

Having said all that, I do agree that there are some flaws in the AC design, but what your really talking about is just plastic.

Old 04-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone has stories about different brands that left them hanging. I once bought a brand new Honda, and sold it three engines and 15,000 miles later. Yep, a whole 5,000 miles per engine on a street bike. On the other hand, AC has been good to me. My 500 4X4 gets rode hard by a lot of different people, and only one minor shifter adjustment. That includes riding THROUGH the brush at 40 below, and no broken plastic. I didn't go to the closest dealer to buy it, just the dealer I felt best cared about the customer.

Old 04-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

God Bless you Dee Dog and thank you for your service to our country

Shonk

Quick Reply: 2005 Arctic Cat design flaws