Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Black hose

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black hose

Hi all I have a 2004 cat FIS auto. I was out riding today and noticed a black hose coming up by the speedo just hanging there not connected to anything. Couldn't find a place to connect it to tryed to follow it to where it went, seems it goes to the carb is this a breather of some sort or what and is it supposed to be connected to something. I never noticed it before just seems strange that it all of a sudden appeared. I would think if it isn't connected to anything besides the carb there would be dirt getting in there. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Black hose

Could it be the fuel tank vent hose?

Old 06-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Black hose

its not from your gas cap is it.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Black hose

Carb vent do not plug it

Old 06-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Black hose

OK Yort so your saying that it just hangs there open for dirt and water to get in?

Old 06-23-2005, 01:24 AM
Trailblazer
Default Black hose

Try to place it so it is in a position that will not allow that to happen. buyt if you plug it you will have problems. all carbs are vented on all quads, plug any of them and you will have problems.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Black hose

So I pulled up some pictures of my quad to see what you were talking about. There is a hose that comes up from 'somewhere' and goes back down to 'somewhere' but I'm not sure where those 'somewheres' are. I can't get at them [the Cats] readily right now (drat!), and I've never given it enough thought to look at either end of the hose. Duh... And of course, looking in the owner's manual offers no help. But, I know it's not just "hanging there".

Old 12-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Black hose

Originally posted by: MrTommy
So I pulled up some pictures of my quad to see what you were talking about. There is a hose that comes up from 'somewhere' and goes back down to 'somewhere' but I'm not sure where those 'somewheres' are. I can't get at them [the Cats] readily right now (drat!), and I've never given it enough thought to look at either end of the hose. Duh... And of course, looking in the owner's manual offers no help. But, I know it's not just "hanging there".
Seems i have one of them hoses that come frome 'somewhere'. problem is mine looks melted shut at the end, and now i'm having stalling problems.........could it be........

Old 12-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Black hose

Could it be a breather line for either the front or rear differentials????

Old 12-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer
Default Black hose

Originally posted by: petroleumboy
Could it be a breather line for either the front or rear differentials????
there sealed diffs thats why they have the slinky as a vent to allow for expansion from heat. thats why they rarely ever get water in the diffs. I did have a bad pinion seal on mine once that let water in but the dealer warrantied it.

Quick Reply: Black hose