Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Prowler 650 is best looking side by side

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prowler 650 is best looking side by side

Speedwerks has had a Prowler for about two weeks. Pipes, cams , head work , clutching , bigbore kits, air intakes, and other goodies are in the works.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Arctic Cat Rep said that 70% of the Prowlers have been sold or pre sold!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If this is true....

Old 08-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sidexsides are the hot item right now & Cat got into just at the right time.
On our trip to the Colorado Rockies just this Last mid-July, we spotted 4 different Rhinos out on these roads & trails.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

It is funny, the Prowler would be a LOT more useful for me, however I am still not ready to make the move to a side x side... I have NO idea why either!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

have you ever driven one catter? i have drive the ranger and the rhino (patiently waiting to drive the prowler) and the rhino was a blast to drive handles very well. the ranger handles like a lumber wagon cause well it is designed more for work and not play.

Old 08-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Got Milk!

Well weez, can't say I have ever driven one. Was at a Yamaha dealership but they did't let me take the Rhino out. Probably knew I wasn't going to buy!

Old 08-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well I swung by the local Cat dealer today on a petition pickup and thay had a Prowler. Went out and sat in it. I alway thought my Cat was big. Now I know better. In another life I owned and drove one of the first Honda cars imported to this country. An N600, 600cc Twin, single carb motorcycle engine with 5 speed front wheel drive. The Prowler feels bigger than it did, it's wider and taller for sure, and I'm sure the Prowler would out preform it too.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Will have a full ride report friday evening. Going out to put some miles on this thing tomorrow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2005, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

I drove the Prowler yesterday at the Arctic Cat press ride. The Prowler has the H1 engine which is made by Arctic Cat. On the dash you'll find a button to shift in and out of 4-wheel drive along with a lever to lock the front differential. Up front, under the hood, is a massive storage area.

The Prowler has plenty of power and handles very well. I had it whipping through tight twisty trails in a heavily forrested area and unlike some of the other side-by-sides I wasn't worried about clipping low hanging branches. The Prowler is the perfect size for the trails.

The Prowler also has rack and pinion steering which makes turning a breeze. Even with the front differential locked it didn't turn overly hard. I thought the steering wheel was a little on the small size, from a purely ergonomic standpoint, but that is probably because we're so used to an automobile steering wheel which feels larger.

The rear box has a gas shock assist for tilting the box and an electric assist will be available later.

I'll write more of a review when I publish my story on ATV Connection Magazine

Old 08-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Got Milk!

Thanks dbeck, I look forward to reading your article.

Quick Reply: Prowler 650 is best looking side by side