Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Prowler 650 is best looking side by side

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prowler 650 is best looking side by side

Wife and I put 34 miles on this afternoon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Handles awsome , suspension took every thing that I threw at it. Very comfy even for a 6' 3" tall and 270 pounder. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] From fast gravel roads to low-range diff-lock rock crawling, this thing does it all.. The only thing that I am going to improve is the tailgate that rattles a bit. Eather ajust the latch or add two small pieces of camper foam tape where the latches meet. Oh , the wife thinks its a awsome toy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Glad you like it donal, you are the first person "I know" that has one! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Keep us updated with how it works for you!

Old 08-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have had a Prowler on loan from Arctic Cat for a week now. It was one of the original 30 vehicles they had build for Engineering Confirmation. I was able to submerge it in water, flip it on its side, and do 50 MPH. The thing can handle everthing (except running under water).

Arctic Cat has done an excellent job if the breather is to take on water. There is plenty of back-up systems to ensure water doesn't enter the airbox on the top of the engine (under the center councel). When I took on water, we pulled it out of the pond, dried the batter and electrical connections and it started right back up. As for the roll cage, it is worth it! The plastic is very plyable and didn't crack or break.

This Cat even has a automotive style Steering Shaft Slip Joint (NO WELDS TO BREAK!!!) to allow the shaft to stroke when the front suspension travels. This help elimate feeback to the driver. The Steering Shaft is at a low angle as compared to the Rhino to elimate variable efforts while turning. It keeps it consistant and smooth through its turning operations.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Range Rover

I have wanted a Rihno for a while now but my local Dealer that carries both yamaha and artic cat has never bothered to get a rihno on the flore. Just today I was driving buy there and seen a Prowler sitting in the front lawn. I had to stop and look at it. I have to say judging buy looking at it verses the Rihno it appears to be a better built machine and WAY better looking. I will definatly be looking at these when the time comes to get one. Now I just need to convinse my wife that I need one of those and a new Polaris Outlaw for the trails. Does anyone know what the top speed is on the Prowler?

Old 08-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

50mph in stock form....

Old 09-06-2005, 04:08 PM
TPR
The Champ

I'm selling my golf cart and buggy for one for the wife so she can go where she wants and not have to run a big buggy that doesn't get used nearly enough. The Prowler will get us to the hill at Gordons Well, and serve duty out at the river as our transportation.

TPR

Old 09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
I'm selling my golf cart and buggy for one for the wife so she can go where she wants and not have to run a big buggy that doesn't get used nearly enough. The Prowler will get us to the hill at Gordons Well, and serve duty out at the river as our transportation.

TPR
TPR, are you going to get some golf care wheels for it so you can still take it on the course??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That would make for one fast round of golf [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2005, 08:01 PM
TPR
The Champ

Never!!!! LOL, my cart already has 23" 489's on it so it will never see course duty....then again, I can go the ghetto route and get a set of Dub spinners on the Prowler....wait, I don't want to give any rap stars any ideas...LOL

TPR