Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Think I will have to re-jet ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I will have to re-jet ????

Last weekend i was out riding when we came upon a big mud hole a friend tried in one area and was able to back out of it when it got to bad. When it was my turn I heard my exhaust bubbling when i was already in too deep. I knew i couldnt stop and put it in reverse( Fearing my exhaust would take on water) So i started to rock it hoping to get thru , I didnt and i flooded her out.( 400 AC Manual). After winching out a little bit it started up easily.

So I made an exhaust snorkel out of 1-3/4" exhaust pipe (Inside Diameter), from a local Muffler Shop that was willing to give me a 10' piece that was bent wrong for their application. After chopping it up and welding it together the only thing left to do is weld it to my stock muffler on my AC.

The question is will i have to re-jet ???? I started it up and applied it covering the gap with a rag tightly held by my hand with no engine difference that i could here.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BUCKSHOTMUDDER
Last weekend i was out riding when we came upon a big mud hole a friend tried in one area and was able to back out of it when it got to bad. When it was my turn I heard my exhaust bubbling when i was already in too deep. I knew i couldnt stop and put it in reverse( Fearing my exhaust would take on water) So i started to rock it hoping to get thru , I didnt and i flooded her out.( 400 AC Manual). After winching out a little bit it started up easily.

So I made an exhaust snorkel out of 1-3/4" exhaust pipe (Inside Diameter), from a local Muffler Shop that was willing to give me a 10' piece that was bent wrong for their application. After chopping it up and welding it together the only thing left to do is weld it to my stock muffler on my AC.

The question is will i have to re-jet ???? I started it up and applied it covering the gap with a rag tightly held by my hand with no engine difference that i could here.

Probably a rejet will not be required and the high range reverse is probably why the engine died because you couldn't rev the engine enough to not allow the water over the exhaust to act like a plugged exhaust. I am trying to get a low range reverse in my '05 400 so the REVs can stay up and keep the exhaust gasses flowing (like they do in low range 1st).

Old 07-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

how long is the piece that your welding on? i.e. how high is it going up?

Old 07-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer

FIRST OF ALL,QUIT YOUR LIP FLIPPIN CRAP. SECOND: REVERSE IS FOR BACKING IT OFF THE TRAILER ANYWAYS!. I THINK YOU HAD A YEAST INFECTION. GET IN TH MUD AND GIVE ER HELL. IF YOU CANT GO BIG,DONT GO AT ALL. LOL. I CANT WAIT TO GET HOME AND SEE YOUR EXHAUST. DID YOU PUT A BUCKET UP TO IT AND TRY IT OUT? DID MIKE DO ANYTHING TO HIS H1 YET?

Old 07-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: redryder1
FIRST OF ALL,QUIT YOUR LIP FLIPPIN CRAP. SECOND: REVERSE IS FOR BACKING IT OFF THE TRAILER ANYWAYS!. I THINK YOU HAD A YEAST INFECTION. GET IN TH MUD AND GIVE ER HELL. IF YOU CANT GO BIG,DONT GO AT ALL. LOL. I CANT WAIT TO GET HOME AND SEE YOUR EXHAUST. DID YOU PUT A BUCKET UP TO IT AND TRY IT OUT? DID MIKE DO ANYTHING TO HIS H1 YET?
...ok?

Old 07-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO USE CAPS LOCKS!!!!!

~thats more like it.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: garrett5462
Originally posted by: redryder1
...ok?
buckshotmudder is my neighbor, im just giving him trouble.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

It goes up to the height of the air intake. so exactly 2' long from the 90 degree slash cut to the elbow bend going back to and around the exhaust outlet. That was the hardest part, you have to cut a V out of the 1-3/4" pipe and hammer it back together then weld up the slit. It would be nice if AC would make that outlet a perfect circle but its more like an oval.(REAL FUN !!!) Wasted three pieces before got it right.

The only part which makes me worry a little is the tight bend to the exhaust outlet. By doing this add on I wont be able to attach a rear bumper. Something ill have to live with. ( I can always buy a new muffler and switch out) I also been thinking of a way to attach it with a donut gasket and flanges. That way i can take it off if i need to.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

If your state doesn't outlaw intake and exhaust "snorkle" mods -consider yourself lucky.
Here I think its a $175 fine for the "modification" and they double any enviromental law fines if you have a snorkle.
Its a new law this year.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
If your state doesn't outlaw intake and exhaust "snorkle" mods -consider yourself lucky.
Here I think its a $175 fine for the "modification" and they double any enviromental law fines if you have a snorkle.
Its a new law this year.
Another one of those "someone lies to the government so the idiots draft legislation and pass it for no good purpose or reason". One guy does something bad with a modded quad and they outlaw the mod rather than punish the wrong doer. This is why government (any and all governments) needs to by slapped down as they are out of control with telling you what you can and can't do.

Quick Reply: Think I will have to re-jet ????