Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

I gotta ask??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I gotta ask??

This is something that has been in the back of my mind for some time now, but just never asked. Why are so many people worried about the top speed of their UTILITY bike?? I have an 03 400 and have had it up to 50-53 somewhere in there, but thats too fast for a bike that isnt designed to ride fast, if people are so worried about speed get a sport bike (raptor or something)

Old 08-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I gotta ask??

Maybe they bought a ute think it was a sportie. I never have under stood it. It is like asking how fast your Jeep is. Fast is not what they are about.

Old 08-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default I gotta ask??

[i]It is like asking how fast your Jeep is. Fast is not what they are about.
LOL!!! exactly!

Old 08-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default I gotta ask??

I know - I was in this discussion on another forum...Two kids with AC 4x4 utilities, were bragging about how fast they can go...Makes me nuts...Yeah, popping the throttle down a straight-away is fun, but to quote one of the kids: "knowing how to kick my back end out around corners", doesn't seem to make a whole bunch of sense...

Old 08-13-2005, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I gotta ask??

In turn, I gotta ask this:

Why do people insist on calling a vehicle with four wheels a "bike"??

Old 08-13-2005, 02:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I gotta ask??

Originally posted by: Chumley
In turn, I gotta ask this:

Why do people insist on calling a vehicle with four wheels a "bike"??
The first bike you probably ever rode had 4 wheels. Front, rear and training wheels.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default I gotta ask??

Actually, I never rode with training wheels. I rode a trike until I could ride on two.

Even if that were the case though, it still wouldn't explain why people call 4 wheelers 'bikes'. Unless of course they all consider them motorcycles with training wheels.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I gotta ask??

Originally posted by: Chumley
Actually, I never rode with training wheels. I rode a trike until I could ride on two.

Even if that were the case though, it still wouldn't explain why people call 4 wheelers 'bikes'. Unless of course they all consider them motorcycles with training wheels.
The government seems to consider them to be motorcycles, at least when licensing them. Ever heard the term "Quadracycle"? Look it up and try to find a picture. You will be surprised.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default I gotta ask??

bear its not how fast it will go its how much time it takes to reach the top end,besides every one can go as slow you,we all do it ,we like to go slow we like to go fast ,it could be just that ,POWER THING we like to do so much.

by the way how fast is your jeep?

Old 08-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default I gotta ask??

Originally posted by: Bear4570

The government seems to consider them to be motorcycles, at least when licensing them. Ever heard the term "Quadracycle"? Look it up and try to find a picture. You will be surprised.
Which explains why we get a DNR sticker instead of a license plate, can't drive it on the street, and don't need a special endorsement on our license to ride one.

Quadracycle makes perfect sense, the prefix "bi" (meaning two) is nowhere to be found in the name. Bike is short for bicycle, which means a two wheeled cycle, which a four wheeler is not.

*note- I'm not doing this to be an ***, nor do I do it with any malice. This seems to be a thread for questions about the way people think, so I'm just going along with it. This happens to be a real issue with me, as I often wonder, or can't understand why people call quads "bikes".

Quick Reply: I gotta ask??