Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

new 2005 trv. and a ? or two.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 2005 trv. and a ? or two.

thanks to all that helped us make up our minde. brought it home last week but between work and outher things this is the frist time i have been at the comp. we have managed to get about 90 miles and 20 some hrs. on it between me and my girl feind. havent asked it to do anything i didnt.

i would like to know how you have found the best way to carry your gear and rifles? i really want some way to keep them out of the weather and mud while we are rideing, we dont shoot from vehicle so i dont need them right at hand but would like them kinda handy. there has to be something besides paying $69.00 for a mount and $69.00 for a case x2. we carry our guns in rain, snow, sand and dust. have even had mud on a few but i have no plans to stick them on the thing and let the tires sling the stuff at them. i have allready seen the thing has no respect for where the mud and stuff goes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] some of that might be my falt but not so mutch that i would leave a rifle and scope on the front rack to catch it. i am thinking for his year i might mount a 2 rifle box on the frount rack but that don't leave me mutch room with out a back rack. witch leads me to anothe question how do you carry fule, tow stap, and stuff. is there any thind i sould make shure i have on the thing. anyone with advice for some one with out the money for a winch, black max or something else.

WhoDatInDaMud i would like to know more about your rack, it will be a while befor i have any money to do anything about it but looks like the way to go.
thank you
john

Old 08-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Sounds like you got a winner! I would just do what WhoDat did to his. I think the gun boots are cheaper at Fleet Farm, rather then getting them from the dealer. Just an idea. Good luck and show us some pictures!

Old 08-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

I well know the delima of where to carry stuff on the TRV. Those rear racks underwent numerious variations and I continue to make adjustments. I love the MRP accessories. Perfect to outfit the machine to the task at hand. The trick is to make it wide enough to accept a storage box without pushing the MRP attachments so far out that the quad won't get past the trail width restrictions.

I have not seen the '06 models but from a picture it looks like A/C out-smarted me and left nothing to weld to on the pax handlebar and mini rack assembly. Will have to wait to see one first-hand to determine if that was the silver bullet or not.

One way to keep the mud down is to use the fender extensions on the rear. They reduced the slung mud and water about 80%. There is a pic in my pics. My cousin also attached a truck mud flap under the open floorboards and I will do that also as it helps also. Now if the water could be kept from steaming and spraying out from the engine area..... If I wanted to make rice it would be perfect.

I will NEVER carry a non-enclosed weapon on my quad again. The sand worked its way into my 30-30 and it took hours to tear it down, clean and re-lube it. Never again. That $140 is nothing compared to the time saved and value retained in my weapons.

If you do go with a open mount - I prefer the handle bar mount or anything that keeps the weapon in view. I found a rifle (ruined) that must have come dismounted on a trail.. I suppose it was tied onto the back rack or something like that as it didn't look just discarded. Would never had seen it in the ruts but it became caught in the rear a-arm.

Old 08-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

thank you for the replys.

catterman- i tryed to find fleet farm but i am not so bright with this comp. did find a plano case for $30.00 but the dealer told me i had to buy the mount that a/c makes for the trv as it is the only one that will fit on it. i bet i find or make a mount that will fit the trv once i get the case. just need to know what mounts fit what case but its kinda hard for me to look at a picture and tell how it mounts.

whodat- i like the fenders might try that. is your box on the back mrp or bolt on?

has anyone mounted a gun case on the front rack of the trv?

Old 08-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quayman

whodat- i like the fenders might try that. is your box on the back mrp or bolt on?
Its held on with bungee cords so that its removable. So far its worked way better then I thought it would.