Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Who wants what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I'm a little surprised myself that not many people have responded. I've seen several guys comment on new ideas, or ways to improve the 'Cat, or even for aftermarket parts. As the old saying goes, the sqeaky wheel gets the grease. Maybe if we could get together and bitch loud enough, they might just listen, and start producing, you never know till you try.

Mike

Old 10-24-2000, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Gotta go for some kind of steering stabilizer. After a long day my arms are tired fighting the side to side jerks you get through the Cats bars. Is there some way to alter the steering geomitree to reduce this? Have to look into this!

Old 10-24-2000, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Don't have a Cat, but I like your ideas. I especially like the hitch adapter. Why not a front and rear reciever hitch socket? Could have hookups for a winch on both ends, and the winch on a reiciver. Easy to swap front to back. Also, just think how easy it would be to back your trailer between thost two trees in the backyard if you could do it facing forward on something as manuverable as your ATV. Better skid plates and boot protectors will always sell to the mud nuts. How about a skid plate that wraps up the front in one piece, kind of like a boat hull or snowmobile front belly? Especially a slick plastic one.

Old 10-24-2000, 06:29 PM
Range Rover

I would like to see light wieght wench mounts and even a light wieght wench itself. Like cowboy said a locker you could control. ( has any body tried to addapt the front dif. from the kingQ or ac3004x4 if you could that would be perfect) and as I stated in a earlier post that I was trying to work on fabricating a sway bar for the rear. then a new Idea hit me about how to solve this problem. I want to take a couple of those heavy duty rubber bands from those wieght lifting machines I believe there is 50lb ones and 30lb Im not sure. But any ways You drill 2 holes threw it the size of one of bars that hold the rear axle to the machine. You place the connecting bars through the bands. that way each pair of connecting bars has a band. So if my theory is right when the four wheeler sways the pair of connecting bars has to seperate but it would be harder for them to do so since the resistance of the bands. Its seems really simple and easy thing to try. want I get hold of some of those bands i wll let you guys know what up . or if you have any suggestions let me know.
matty

Old 10-24-2000, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

I think I'm a little confused on where you're placing the bands, but the idea sounds pretty good! If you get if figured out, and set up, let us know how it works out, you might be on to something there. Also, some pics would be great! I think those bands you are talking about are available from 5 lbs., all the way up to 100 lbs., so there should be something in that range that would work for you.

Good luck with your engineering there!

Mike

Old 10-25-2000, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

How about bolting the rubber bands in an X pattern from one shock to the other? Like the Right rear shocks's bottom bolt would be connected by the rubber band to the upper left rear shock's upper bolt and vise versa. This would drop your rear end a slight bit but it would fight the body roll.

Old 10-25-2000, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, hope Andy doesn't mind, he just gave me another idea, concerning his "worst stuck". Of course, this isn't strictly for AC use, but all quads in general. I think it would be great for somebody to manufacture a "pull pal" type unit, such as for full sized pickups. Something that would act as a land anchor, for hooking a winch to, when you're stuck and there is nothing to hook your winch to in order to get out. I've seen a particular style that they use for full sized trucks that work well in sand, but if they could come up with something that would work in the mud and other terrain, that would be great! I've been stuck a few times, and haven't had a tree or rock for hundreds of yards, so it wouldn't be practical to stretch all the gear that far, not to mention, I don't even carry that much! Luckily having two 'Cats allows for one to tow the other out, should one of us happen to get stuck.

Mike

Old 10-25-2000, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looks to me like all of the above suggestions and wish lists sound good to me. Hitch hopper, better front and rear bumpers, lockable and unlockable lockers, snorkel, and any thing to help out horsepower would be items I'd be most interested in to purchase. A little more hp is probably the one thing that I've been looking at doing to mine in the near future if there are products out there to do it. Hopefully someday the after market manufactures will notice us cat folk.

Jarvis
2000 400 4x4
Kansas

Old 10-25-2000, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Someone already makes this.

You can make one by going to a local Mobile home store and getting a trailer ancor. This screws into the ground and has straps that bolt to it to keep a mobile home from tiping over in Hurricanes and Tornados. IF you buy one of these and weld a bar to it to make a "T" you can hand screw it into the ground and then ancor your winch to it.

Old 10-31-2000, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Looking for more responses.