Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

What are you doing to your H1?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 06:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are you doing to your H1?

Hey Everyone,

I bought a 2006 Arctic Cat H1 early last week. I was wondering what the other H1 owners are doing to their bikes? Any power mods? Putting bigger tires? I was thinking of going to a 27 or 28 inch tire but I don't want to give up my low end power. Those of you that are running larger tires on H1s - any feedback? I have put on 50 miles between 2 rides and I have to say "I love it!". I certainly don't miss by 2003 Polaris 700 that I sold after only 1 season of use. (No offense to Polaris lovers). Thanks.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

WElcome and congrats!!! Not really any mods out there just yet. THey are coming though.
I did get a set of diamond plated chrome custom made front and rear stick-stoppers. They are totally awesome with the black cat. If you are interested I can give you the contant info.

I too am looking at bigger tires, 27 is probably what I will do. Bear Claws, SwampLites, or Swamp Whiches are what I am looking at. Maybe 589's too. Just wish money grew on trees...

I too am a former Polaris ATV guy. Still like them, but just wouldn't buy one again.

Old 09-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am considering buying some 27" Mudlite XTRs for my H1. They would be 9" in the front and 11" in the back. The H1 stock has 8" in the front and 11" in the back. Will my front tires stick out further if I use the same width in the back & a wider tire in the front? I haven't been able to decide on a rim because I am unsure of what I need (offsets, bolt patterns, etc). Do you know what I would need? I have already put a small dent on my front-left rim and know that whatever I buy needs to be able to handle difficult rocky trails without getting banged up. Any suggestions? Thanks for the info.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I am really not a tire guy, however the XTR's can come in a 12" or 14" rim, a guy at Arctic Chat has them on his 04 650 and is impressed. If you do go a bigger tire I do believe they will stick out more, but it shouldn' be too bad.