Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

follow up to "my son rolled the quad"

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default follow up to "my son rolled the quad"

OK, so have the thing back together and have this gas line coming out of the bottom of the carb and I can't find where it goes?!
It's coming out the bottom of the float bowl.
The service manual doesn't describe what it is connected to.
btw, it's a 05 500 auto

Any help out there?

Old 11-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Just a guess but it sounds like a vent tube. doesnt attach to anything. I may be wrong though since I dont know what quad you got. someone else will chime in soon.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like the overflow to me. Usually you have one on the bottom (overflow) and one on each side (vents) that don't go anywhere. Don't know your quad but you will also have a fuel line and maybe a vacume line if you have a vacume operated fuel valve.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

not a vacume line. that would be off the intake boot or close to the motor to achieve a vacume signal. if it is off the bottom of the bowl it is the overflow and the tube off it would hang down and off the back of the motor possibly held by zip tie or metel retainer

Old 11-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Well I wasn't suggesting that it was a vac line. I already said that on the bottom it's an overflow. I was just trying to let him narrow down any other hoses he may have.

As for this:
Originally posted by: trailcrawler
not a vacume line. that would be off the intake boot or close to the motor to achieve a vacume signal.
The vac line for my valve comes right off the carb. It gets it's vacume pressure off the carb.

Old 11-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

don't get snippy about it I was clairfing that the hose off the bottom of the fuel bowl would not be a vacume hose.

and also - vaccume is the absense of pressure, no such thing as vacume pressure.

can we drop this please

Old 11-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The word is "VACUUM". My last illterate boss would change the word on my work orders that he gave the customers. I finally started telling them it wasn't me that couldn't spell and was to stupid to change when told the correct spelling.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

I was getting snippy and vacume is measured in pressure. Sure it's a lack of pressure, it's a negative pressure.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:15 AM
Trailblazer

to w8dug - i apologise for the thread getting off subject

sparky8370 - in my profession(of 20 years) vacuum(thank you bear) is measured in "inches of mercury" ("hg)

as to original ? a hose off the bottom of the fuel bowl would not be a vacuum hose

Old 11-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Sounds like the overflow to me. Usually you have one on the bottom (overflow) and one on each side (vents) that don't go anywhere. Don't know your quad but you will also have a fuel line and maybe a vacume line if you have a vacume operated fuel valve.
I never said the one on the bottom was a vacume line. In fact, I said you usually have one (hose) on the bottom and that it's an overflow.

As far as how vac is measured, I have a vac pump measured in psi. Ever notice on a turbo guage at the bottom it measures vacume then there's a zero point then after the zero point it's measuring boost- all in psi.

I was simply pointing out a couple things: 1.) That I wasn't saying that a vacume line would come off the bowl 2.) That a vacume line doesn't have to come off the intake, as it comes off the carb on mine, it just has to be at a point between throttle body or slide and the intake. It can be on the carb as long as it's on the engine side of the slide. 3.) That it's not a vacume signal, it's vacume pressure no matter how your measuring it. In fact her's one page explaining it as related to their instrument.

I just don't like someone telling me I'm wrong when I'm not. I wasn't getting snippy, just getting the facts straight.

Quick Reply: follow up to "my son rolled the quad"