Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

too soon for synthetic? + tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too soon for synthetic? + tires

7mm, Yes it does have to have to be "wet clutch oil". The owner manual states it must be SE, SF, or SG under API service classifications

Old 12-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was surfing the net for ATV fairings for my AC 400 auto 2006 and came across this thread and just had to register and add my complaint about tire presser. I have had so much tire problem with mine I’ve almost wore out my compressor from filling my tires up. I took the tires in to a local tire shop to get them re-beaded too and still lose air from the bead.

Old 12-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Breye
I was surfing the net for ATV fairings for my AC 400 auto 2006 and came across this thread and just had to register and add my complaint about tire presser. I have had so much tire problem with mine I’ve almost wore out my compressor from filling my tires up. I took the tires in to a local tire shop to get them re-beaded too and still lose air from the bead.
So put "Slime" in your tires and shut up and go ride. IMHO, you gotta be beating the crap out of things if you are knocking tires off the rims. BTW, my rims, all 4 of them, are bent to hell and back and still don't leak.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

Without belaboring the point - synthetic oil will not prevent break-in and can be installed immediately (Porsche/Corvette etc...hello). It is no slipperier than any other oil. This is the myth and it's nonsense>>>>

Exactly, I've had dealers tell me NO synthetic, or wait till a few hundred miles, it is too "slipper"(isnt that the point?)......<sigh> lots of urban myths. I run Shell Rotella T (the blue bottle) in everything, its cheaper then Mobile 1 and is a true full synthetic. Truckers run this oil for tens of thousands of miles with only filter changes. An ATV can run synthetic off the assembly line, this nonsense about breaking in the motor first is alsy a myth. I'd also suggest changing your oil after your first two extended rides, for cost purposes run organic oil then switch to synthetic.

There is a reason GM runs synthetic in Corvettes straight from the factory, in fact, I believe it is the only oil that can be used.

Old 12-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaRider67
Without belaboring the point - synthetic oil will not prevent break-in and can be installed immediately (Porsche/Corvette etc...hello). It is no slipperier than any other oil. This is the myth and it's nonsense>>>>

Exactly, I've had dealers tell me NO synthetic, or wait till a few hundred miles, it is too "slipper"(isnt that the point?)......<sigh> lots of urban myths. I run Shell Rotella T (the blue bottle) in everything, its cheaper then Mobile 1 and is a true full synthetic. Truckers run this oil for tens of thousands of miles with only filter changes. An ATV can run synthetic off the assembly line, this nonsense about breaking in the motor first is alsy a myth. I'd also suggest changing your oil after your first two extended rides, for cost purposes run organic oil then switch to synthetic.

There is a reason GM runs synthetic in Corvettes straight from the factory, in fact, I believe it is the only oil that can be used.
First you claim all these things are a myth, then you turn around and say the 'vette has synthetic because nothing else can be used. You can't have it both ways. Either dino oil is as good as synthetic or it isn't. Read what you wrote, because if your first statement is true the your second is false, or vise-a-versa. As to the trucker, they have their engine oil sampled and when there is a break down of the oil they change it, but the testing the oil will also show them when abnormal wear shows up too. Almost no one checks their car oil except with a dip stick and that only tells you how much is left in the motor. As to the break in myth you insist doesn't exsist, If you use synthetic during break-in it will probably extend the break-in time and miles, why? You have all the answers, do you even know when and why synthetic oil was developed?