Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

i tried dealing with thief river ford and well crunched numbers and they didn't wanna do anything for me they wanted to charge me another 500 dollars for bringing a truck in from grand forks to meet my needs. i figured why not go to grand forks and buy it myself and save 500. messelts in roseau went out of business the owner was a crook and was saying he still had vehicles on the lot when they were actually sold when it finally caught up with him i think there were between 40 and 50 dodge and ford vehicles missing that he actually sold. c&m ford in hallock was the best dealer i ever dealt with and am going back to them when i decide to retire christine. lucky for me they just started a dealer right near me in roseau [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hadn't heard that about messelts; I guess I got my at a good time.... I've never been to the dealer in hallock, I'll have to check them out some time. The only place in TRF that has acted like they what my business is the dodge dealer. There is more compitition out here, but everything has California taxes, smog resrictions, taxes, sales taxes, luxury taxes, smog taxes, etc taxes.... Some of the reasons for all the taxes is schools cost almost 10,000 per year per kid, and illegals. Illegals cost LA county alone over a billion dollars a year, not including schools. There are an estimated 350,000 children of illegals in LA county, so figure 350,000 X $10,000 = another $35 billion. I don't think that covers the cost of graffiti removal either; that would be about another 10 billion a year including what people and businesses pay to have it removed, but does not include the cost of real estate devaluation.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

Old 10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: weez440

dang dee you need to get that truck out and beat it like it was meant to be beaten. and i hear ya i pretty well much gave away my 98 ford truck to trade in on my 04 they gave me 7500 and the next week they had it on the lot for sale for 13,500 i think it was. to me that truck was worth about 10 thousand but the dealer has to make their money to. oh and i will never buy from hanson ford in grand forks ever again. they are all buddy buddy when you buy the truck but the second you drive off the lot they don't give a rats *** about you. lol this dealer bashing is actually quite theraputic.</end quote></div>

I went to college with the daughter of the guy who owns Hanson Ford, she was very nice and is a good friend of my wifes still. But ya, the dealership is only as good as the salesmen then have selling for them. I will most likely never buy from a dealership again as there are so many private party cars that are cheaper. Oh, Hanson Ford is also no more, they sold out to Lithia.

For an ATV, my wife's second cousin works at the John Deere/Arctic Cat dealership in Grand FOrks, He might be able to cut a deal.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

There are a couple dealers out here that offer some stuff you can't get back there, at least not that I have seen. For example; you can buy a King Ranch off the lot, or even some customized trucks with big lift kits, big tires, etc. I have also seen Mustangs with blowers, custom interiors etc; and because you are buying from a dealer, all factory warranties stay in place.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

Old 10-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

blowers from the dealer? lol that is pretty cool to bad they are illegal in minnesota just like snorkel kits on atvs lol where do they come up with this stuff. i would love to have about a 6 inch lift kit with 35 inch tires on my truck but the gas would kill me, i have plenty of power but i would lose a lil bit just to pull the tires and the air push from sitting up to high. hey dee maybe you are gonna have to organze your own lil club of the minutemen. i seen some of those idiots actually videotaping themselves shooting illegal aliens as they cross the border. i guess their patriotism is in the right place but just the wrong attitude towards a bad problem. i say we dig down 100 feet of cement and put up a 10,000 volt elecric fence and increase the security in the water on both sides [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . for the cost of all that to keep them out it is worth it to the country financially. you can't blame them for wanting to live here but i have heard to many horror stories of guys waking up at 3 in the morning to commotion in their garage and grabbing their favorite 12 gauge to do the security work. and catterman i didn't know hanson ford sold out to lithia. if i can sell my snowcat this winter (1999 zr 600 le (black) with less then 3000 miles on it for $2000) and i got a guy buying my six fiddy this spring i am gonna need a good dealer and would like to buy in gf due to no SALES TAX WOOT WOOT. so you think you can hook me up then? how would they be if i need something to ship it do my doorstep as driving 2 hours 1 way can get kinda costly.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I didn't know blowers were illegal in MN. How would they know anyway?

I haven't seen the video of anyone actually shooting illegals. Pretty stupid to get it on tape. Makes me wonder if it is actually made up by pro-illegal supporters? We do need to fix the problem, we are getting over run. And if anyone thinks there are not al jazeera types walking across the border along with all the other illegals than they are very sadly mistaken.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

The Second Amendment provides the means for citizens to rectify problems with an oppressive, dictatorial government - that's why it worries McCain so much...

Old 10-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Shooting illegals???? That is kinda funny actually, but still wrong. But ya, something needs to be done to stop them from coming in and taking our money. weez, let me know when you are ready to look and I will hook you up with the place here. Not sure on shipping it to you though, but you can keep it at my house [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

not the fourwheeler to be shipped but parts i mean. i could send you the link to that tape but i think i would get banned from this sight maybe and i like it here to much. and catterman maybe we can go and get brand new wheelers together [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then maybe we could get a sweeter deal.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: weez440

not the fourwheeler to be shipped but parts i mean. i could send you the link to that tape but i think i would get banned from this sight maybe and i like it here to much. and catterman maybe we can go and get brand new wheelers together [img][/img] then maybe we could get a sweeter deal.</end quote></div>

Damn it weez. You cant just "tell" us of a video that may get you banned, and leave us hanging!?!?!?! PM me the link for god sakes!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just start a search I'm sure you could come up with something on the baorder .
I don't care what the cost they need to put up a deep and tall wall with multiply layers so they can't cross illeagly ,my son saw a person of Mexican decent walk into a local Wal-mart with a pistol in his belt a couple of weeks ago .
and speaking of pistols ,I just purchased one yesterday for doing target shooting and home defense ,It's nice to have conceled carry permit .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread