Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

bad day for the cat

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad day for the cat

well i went riding today to find that my new 06 400 auto battery was dead not sure why ran it yesterday after it sitting for a week the after riding for 20 minutes rolled it on its side now the storage box doesnt sit right as well as the cover that reads speed rack on it (the one that covers the mess of wires running down the steering post) i realized that the plastics on one side of the bike either moved forward or back so there is a 1/4 in difference between the two sides lining up not sure why the bike barely touched the ground i caught most of the weight but then the worst while riding along side a budy on a completely ice trail he spun out and i avoided him at first but he eventually came back at me and t- boned me right into my leg and wiping out my whole rear fender so ive only owned my bike for a month and this happened as well as my little bro hitting a tree on it and a family member hitting his shed with it ???? figure that one out so now my bike looks like its been through a war so does anyone know where i can get new plastics my dealer said they wont start producing replacements till summer and dont know if arctic cat will sell them too me and if so whats that gonna cost ( way more than i can afford) and i havent even made my first payment yet and my bike been through hell and back i cant leave it looking like that thanks for listening to me wine/vent i appreciate the info

Old 02-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

sorry about the mess, I know how you feel. my 05 cat has been rolled, sunk, and cracked a fender on a tree and she still runs great! Its just plastic damage so dont feel to bad but it kind of expensive. you can order plastics for it online. I had to with mine. the bottom link is in canada but i have ordered plastics from them for the cat with no problems.
Try ordering it here,
http://www.metricpowersports.com/
http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/fr...rld.com/Parts/

PS. dont let your little bro ride it anymore and keep a safer distance away from other atvs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

thanks hoopie that site is awesome you saved me big time that crack would have haunted me for life i was miserable about it until you sent me that link and i learned my lesson my little bro was banned after i warned him its not a 90 its a huge difference in power but he learned the hard way and me too. i think i want to line my bike in tires lolno onw else is rif=ding my bike anymore let them crash there $6000 machines. again i cant thank you enough

Old 02-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

Hoopie - Thanks for sending that link. It's a great site for replacement parts. My back fender is cracked on both sides, but I'll stick with Gorilla Glue for now before spending $285 on a new rear fender that will probably crack again. Cool site to bookmark though!

Old 02-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

my left rear fender is cracked also. I tried to glue it and it held up ok for a while and ended up cracking again. i figure i will smack it up a little more before I put a new one on.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

Here's another site that is similar to browns.....alpha-sports.....They are out of Maine..

Old 02-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

i rolled my cat at least 5 times befor i realized that they suck on any kind of hill or ditch climing.
and i thought i was the only one who was having problems with my cat rolling over and playing dead.
but i have 2 freinds with cats (one now cause one sold his) but they have roll theres also as much or more then me.
ive seen my buddy jody go up a spot where 3 other quads just went and he has a heck of a time getting up it without flipping or filpping it on that spot its like the front end pops up and the back end squats and then your upside down. and that sucks.
my freind jodys 05 650 cat is in bad shape from the last time we went out, from rolling it twice.
the front end and the plastic are all beat up.
good thing for aftermarket parts and plastic.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

I noticed the same thing and it greatly helps to position your body over the front handle bars while going up the hills. Especially if your a bigger guy.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Range Rover

ya know i have never fliped mine mabey its the extra 8 inches?

Old 02-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

an extra 8 inches of what.