Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

VERY CONFUSED

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VERY CONFUSED

ok well the good thing is work just flew by today cause i spent alot of the day pondering this and kind of off in space. i was thinking what atv do i get this spring? option A is to keep my 650 cause it has been tough as nails and is a darn good atv with lots of power and it impresses everyone when i get in the mud. option B is between the 650 v2 650 H1 700EFI (when they release it) or the prowler. i know about all there is to know bout the 650 v2 awesome motor and power response crappy tranny/clutch system. the H1 what is not to love it is all arctic cat but my question is can you bring a wheelie with it like you can on the V2? and the 700EFI well i guess time will tell but i heard there is a nasty lag right when you crack it down and i like instant power but like i said time will tell. then there is the prowler it looks so comfy to just drive around on a hot summer day and just enjoy cruising slow and plus it would work great on the farm well any or all of these would work great on the farm. anyone have any positive/negative to add to this please post it and well darn you arctic cat for having to much to choose from but it will deffinately be an arctic cat. i am actually leaning towards the H1 seems like for a new motor they are having great luck with them so far other then a couple of blowen head gaskets.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default VERY CONFUSED

oh BTW i have had a tendency of doing some really stupid things in my life and how do you think an EFI would handle it if you drowned it out where a carb is just change oil and go again think the EFI system would short out not planning on doing it just preparing for it.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default VERY CONFUSED

Originally posted by: weez440
oh BTW i have had a tendency of doing some really stupid things in my life and how do you think an EFI would handle it if you drowned it out where a carb is just change oil and go again think the EFI system would short out not planning on doing it just preparing for it.
With the EFI, water is only an issue if you get water in the fuel tank. Water in the cylinder is easy to clear. The computer system won't short out anymore than the rest of the electrics on a quad.

As to wheelie, It's more of a rider skill thing than and engine thing. I have a buddy that can get his 400 manual to stand up and can ride it all over the place. Besides it does't really prove how much power you have, it is more of a gear ratio thing.

Old 02-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default VERY CONFUSED

I can wheelie in low on the H1 with a little body english, once I get more miles on it she should go no problem, that is what the other H1 owners tell me. If it was me, i would personally wait for the 700, just for the EFI. In Minnesota that is a nice feature to have. Even with the auto choke it has taken my H1 up to a minute to try and start. My EFI snowmobile fires on the second pull, always. However the H1 is rock solid, and nobody knows much about the 700 engine and how it works in the cat chasie. Good luck weez! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default VERY CONFUSED

i could be wrong on this but i dont think the EFI comes with a pull start (because you need power from a battery to run the ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION and FUEL PUMP) and if im out in the woods hunting,trail riding or whatever it is im doin on the farm, i would like to know that if my battery died or something happened that i can at least pull start it to get home. walking or pushing a 700lb. machine for miles deffinatly is not an option. like i said i may be wrong and i will eat my words if i am. ive had my battery die on one of my bikes because the voltage regulator ground out and drained it. if i didnt have a pull start i would have been walkin!

Old 02-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default VERY CONFUSED

i am eating my words! i went to the dealer today and they had a pic. of the 700 efi and it did have a pull start. i wouldnt have thought since you need electric to operate the efi. plus they said its an automotive orange paint on it. looks sweet!

Old 02-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default VERY CONFUSED

thank you all for your responses i think i might wait a lil while till the release of the 700 efi drive it and see how i like it. and hmmm you can get it in orange huh i guess i call it KTM orange which well hate the dirtbike but i really do like the color maybe it is time to get away from the lime green the last two machines i have had were ditch pickle green. anyone else have any comments they are much appreciated as i am taking everything into consideration i think it will be between the H1 and the 700 EFI

Old 02-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default VERY CONFUSED

As far as needing a battery for EFI, since 1997 Arctic Cat has had the battery-less fuel injection system on their snowmobiles. It works really well, the first pull charges the battery, the second starts it. That said, I had a dead battery on my H1 two weeks ago, and I couldn't pull the cord and start it for the life of me. That is dang hard, but I am also a wimp... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default VERY CONFUSED

catter that is a very excellent point you brought up (not you being a wimp the EFI) does anyone know if they have the batteryless EFI system like on their sleds or the older system where you need the battery power? and your right bear i was about the rider and gear ratio being the contributing factor in an awesome wheelie i was able to get my 03 500 auto to wheelie all the time and back then i was about 135 pounds and now that i have gotten to be a fatass i can just sit on my 650 and crack it down no rider skill just power and gearing.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default VERY CONFUSED

I think the EFI they're using requires a battery to run it. It's more than that though, there are sensors that measure a bunch of parameters to make it run properly. If one of those sensors were to give out, it may not run. That being said, you don't see a lot of problems with EFI in regular use, or off road use. I wouldn't hesitate to get it. As for this supposed "low end lag". I rode with a new KQ last weekend, and I didn't see any evidence of lag, just a strong sounding and good performing motor. Good on gas too. One thing I did notice though, the KQ axles are SMALL. I don't think they're even 3/8" thick. I don't understand the fascination with wheeling a utility quad, that's what sport quads are for. But whatever floats your boat. I personally would like to see EFI on the H1, that's what i would buy.

Quick Reply: VERY CONFUSED