Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

axle or diff or what

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default axle or diff or what

My 2006 ac 400 fis auto 4x4 only has 150 miles on it and it is all stock down to the original Badlands 25x10x12's on rear and 25x8x12's on front, and i haven't had any of the problems i've read about tire's leaking, bead's braking from stock rim's, parking brake leaking down when left on for days at a time. No trouble with the stock shock bushing's cracking fender's,getting water on the belt; and a very long line of other complaint's on the cats. And i know i only have 150 miles on mine,but i haven't had any problem's so far i bought the quad to ride and enjoy for pleasure riding on trail's untill i get it broken in before doing any towing ! I've followed all the procedure's that came with my operator's manual, all the do's and don't's pertaining to my quad ! Thing's like not going over halve trottle untill breakin period, not to engauge diff.loc while moving, not exceeding 10 mpg with diff loc engauged, and i changed the oil and filter At 100 miles with Arctic Cat filter and the same oil i've used on every quad i've ever owned / i also cleaned the air filter, i've always used castrol GTX 10w40 winter and 20w50 summer ! I asked my dealer before changing oil brands, they told me it's fine and wouldn't void warrantee as long as i used the same oil i used on my honda's and suzuki's i've owned. I may not agree with everyone of bear's post's but i think he's right at least half of the time If not more! I'm not trying to suck up to bear And he's not paying me to do so, but with ( my own exsperious) over 20 yrs in the small engine repair bussiness from everything to lawn and garden tractor;s to motocycles and ATV's 2 and 4 stoke engine's i would be most likely to take his side on this issue about certain mods. If your ac shock bushing wore out after 5 miles maybe you and The 50+ rider's you spoke of who had the same issue, then maybe you and the other 50+ owner's got lemmon's ! Or the ac's were rode hard and put away wet , i hate to rain on anyone's parade but you can get lemmon's in anything you buy straight from the factory ! But i bought My cat and didn't plan on shelling out more money on mod's to give it more power and speed ! My 400 already goes faster than i care or dare go for use and age, i want to live as long as i can, if i wanted more power i would have bought one that had more power to start with; just make's more sense to me anyhow ! ..................williebee