Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

GOING TO BUY NEED HELP !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOING TO BUY NEED HELP !!!!!!!!

Ok i have posted a few topics on this atv. Im thinking of sealing the deal on a arctic cat 400 all the time 4x4 ,anual shifter. Prob is when im at the dealer if i decside i want to get the irs 400 automatic should i just get a bombardier. If i get the cat should i get the manual shifter i heard it takes forever to wear them in to get some power out of them ? Im also conserned about the all the time 4x4 in gas mileage and turnign radius ?? any input would help im about the get my first atv. even if i should look at the other models out there i know the suzuki eiger has teh same motor but has selectable 4x4 and speedometer ?

Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: craw8101
Ok i have posted a few topics on this atv. Im thinking of sealing the deal on a arctic cat 400 all the time 4x4 ,anual shifter. Prob is when im at the dealer if i decside i want to get the irs 400 automatic should i just get a bombardier. If i get the cat should i get the manual shifter i heard it takes forever to wear them in to get some power out of them ? Im also conserned about the all the time 4x4 in gas mileage and turnign radius ?? any input would help im about the get my first atv. even if i should look at the other models out there i know the suzuki eiger has teh same motor but has selectable 4x4 and speedometer ?
The full time 400 4X4 has no worse a turning radius that the 400 selectable when it is in 4X4. When in 4X4 the steering is heavier than 2X4 but it will turn the same diameter whatever you are in if you are man enough to turn the thing. If you like the AC and decide on the auto, why on earth would you go with the Bomber when you like the Cat? As to the break-in on the 400, it doesn't matter which tranny you get they all have the same engine which need about 300 miles to get completely broke in. I went with the 400 irs manual for the locker and the great price I got. But then again I knew the 400 was just an upgrade from my AC 250 irs manual. I've ridden a number of the Polaris' and other than their great Rotax motor I just plain didn't like them clear thru the 700. You gas mileage will be more determined by you riding style (how much time you spend with the throttle against the stop) than by the full time 4X4.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

I think im going to look at the yamaha bruin there bullet proof i heard. The yamaha v belt drive is proven. I bet it could keep up with this atv.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: craw8101
I think im going to look at the yamaha bruin there bullet proof i heard. The yamaha v belt drive is proven. I bet it could keep up with this atv.
And there are AC 400 and 500s with 10,000 miles on the original belt. If that's not bullet proof then I don't know what is.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Trailblazer

The bruin 350 is the old BB motor... The same motor that the worriers now use.. They have been problem free for over 12 yrs now. It's your choise You get what you are happy with.

MArk